Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Old Apex Phastlink I/F Card

Hello. I have an extensive AMX Landmark home automation system installed at my residence, and recently, due to a lightening strike I believe my APEX PHASTLINK interface card connecting Landmark to the Destiny 6100 security system is damaged.

I have been having great difficulty trying to source this card, as it is no longer manufactured and is not available at dealers & electronic suppliers.

I realize that Landmark is no longer supported by AMX, but I am getting pretty desperate to get this card as other options have not panned out. (I do hope to upgrade to Netlinx at some point.)

With so many old Landmark systems being upgraded over the past years, I was hoping that a dealer here might have an Apex Phastlink card lying around.

Thanks.

- Ian

Comments

• KennyKenny Posts: 209
    You will most likely have to control it via RS232.
    I am in the same boat and found that it can be controlled via the APEX 232 card.
    It snaps on in place of the the old Phast interface card.
    Of course now you will to get a Phast 232 card to talk to it and then figure out the protocol.
  • iengieng Posts: 4
    Re: Old Apex Phastlink I/F Card

Thanks Kenny, but I was lucky. An AMX dealer contacted me to say a customer of his had the card and it was no longer needed. It was slightly damaged, but I had it repaired and I'm up and running again.

Re: the RS232 card, I was told it's not a simple thing to get that to work in place of the Phast card. I had queried AMX support about this, and they responded with the following:

"The serial card could be used, but the issue with using that is that feedback from the Apex system would be almost impossible. In Landmark there is a device, that can be created, called a Generic Combo. You add the serial strings and it communicates to whatever serial device you have. The downside is that for feedback from the device, you have to enter the exact string. With a security system, you could have possibly hundreds of strings."

- Ian

Kenny wrote:
    You will most likely have to control it via RS232.
    I am in the same boat and found that it can be controlled via the APEX 232 card.
    It snaps on in place of the the old Phast interface card.
    Of course now you will to get a Phast 232 card to talk to it and then figure out the protocol.