Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

lutron communication fails

I have a luton HRP5 processor controlled by a Ni3100 through RS232 control, the port baud rate is 9600, after some time 5 minutes or 48 hours I load the program to the AMX master, I lose feed back from the lutron processor, I still can turn the light on/off from the amx , but just no feed back, I have to recycle the lutron power to get the feed back, is there any solution for this kind of problem?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Set up a driver in HomeWorks for that RS232 port and choose what feed back you want, otherwise everytime you power cylce or lose power to the HWI processer you'll loose feedback. This is done some where in the illumination software, Idon'trecall exactly where. Next, I ususally put the following code in the Online Event for that serial port.

Use what you need and comment out the rest.
               send_string dvHWI, "'DLMON',CRLF"//enable dimmer monitoring
    	  send_string dvHWI, "'KBMON',CRLF"//enable keypad monitoring
    	  send_string dvHWI, "'KLMON',CRLF"//enable keypad led monitoring
    	  send_string dvHWI, "'VMD',CRLF"  //disable vaction mode
    	  send_string dvHWI, "'VMR',CRLF"  //start recording vacation mode

The above example has 13,10 (CRLF) which is needed for IP comms but for RS232 only 13 is needed, although the extra 10 may not cause any problems.
  • Options
    yanbinyanbin Posts: 86
    I put the below code in the program,
    send_string dvHWI, "'DLMON',CRLF"//enable dimmer monitoring
    send_string dvHWI, "'KBMON',CRLF"//enable keypad monitoring
    send_string dvHWI, "'KLMON',CRLF"//enable keypad led monitoring
    send_string dvHWI, "'VMD',CRLF" //disable vaction mode
    send_string dvHWI, "'VMR',CRLF" //start recording vacation mode

but after 1 day, the AMX and lutron (HRP5-120) lose communication again, i can turn the light on/off, just no feed back from lutron, i check the TX/RX led from the lutron processor, it is flashing when the light is on or off, i connect the lutron processor to the hyper terminal, i can see the feed back string from the lutron processor, BTW, i am using the RS232 control of the lutron. any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot
  • Options
    OK, I had to retrace the steps to build a serial driver so go into your Illumination Software and open your program.

Press the programming tab and then select the interface tab and highlight the Serial Equipemnt line. An "Add" tab should appear directly above and so click on that. Fill in the fields as appropriate. Also if you changed the default baud rate it will reset to default everytime the system is restarted or power cycled unless this driver is created and assigned to the appropriate port. Any way once filled in exit this set up and go to address assignment tab, top left. You should see your un addressed RS232 device in the table on the right. Select the appropriate RS232 port and assign that device. Save & upload and hopefully that will do the trick.
  • Options
    yanbinyanbin Posts: 86
    the driver i set up in lutron processor:

Name: AMX
    Driver: Burgess
    baud rate: 9600
    data bits:8
    parity: none
    stop bits: 1
    handshaking: none
    i check all the monitoring at the right hand side.
  • Options
    You may not want all the monitoring enabled just the ones you need otherwise your input buffer will be busy throwing out un wanted strings. Most folks just use the LED feedback which returns the LED states of keypad and Phantom keypads so you know what state a scene is in. I also use dimmer levels as I maintain levels for all my lights in a structure and display levels on mini bargraphs as well on a large bargraph when that dimmer is selected. This bargraph is active and used to set levels of the individual dimmer. The other stuff can usually be left unchecked. If you are using the AMX lutron module then I beleive all you'll want is LED feedback unless you create your own buffer and create your own parsing routine.