Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

What modules are working well?

There has been much discussion on the quality of our modules. Please use this thread to list the modules that you are having success with.

Comments

• HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    For the most part, the Netlinx modules for the Tandberg vidcon units seem to work well.
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    I've had good success with lighting modules. So far I'm happy with:
    Dyanlite v1.23
    Lutron GraficEye v1.5

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    We try not to use modules unless it's a one time deal that we're using the equipment - or if I just don't feel like messing with it. One of those things I just didn't feel like messing with was the Sonance iPort. It's working wonderfully, and has been for the longest time.

Now, working with the Apex Destiny 6100 was at first a pain, but then we got it all figured out. And it works very well - I don't care for the gobs and gobs of feedback, but it has worked well for us.
  • I use the duet Tandberg MXP module. It works pretty well.

I've used both the NetLinx and the Duet Polycom VSX-8000 modules. The NetLinx module has a few holes and is getting out of date, but the passthru command comes in handy. The duet module appears to work pretty well, but my main customer still uses quite a few of the NXI masters that don't support Duet.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have had better luck with the new duet version of the Aprilaire modules. That was a definite improvement over the old netlinx version.

The Lutron netlinx module has worked very well for me, and after a little fiddling, the new Duet version seems to be working well. Altho, I vaguely recall having to mess around with my code to deal with the new way of handling keypad reporting.

The new Integra receiver module seems to be working well.

Of course, I treat all of the UI modules as simple examples for testing initial communication and as insight into the mindset of the comm module's author.

Jeff
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The only unmodified modules I use regularly are Marantz comm modules, MAX modules, and iPort.
  • I only use the comm modules and these have worked well:

Denon AVR's and DVD's
    DBX ZonePro 1260
    Endeleo UDM-1604
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I too like the Denon Modules for the AVR and DVDs. The DVD 2900 module I use the entire module with a different GUI. The AVRs need an update for new commands like master volume and new input names and surround modes so I now have to parse the returned strings myself and ignore the comm module.

HAI module works ok.

Viewstat comm module.

I've tried several Duet modules but didn't like any of them.
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Modules that have worked well for me:

Lutron Homeworks
    AMX Intercom- not that I had much of a choice - does generate an incredible amount of errors that should be fixed though
    All of the Landmark modules - although there are lots of quirks
    ReQuest module- with a few modifications, nice to have the source
    HAI
    Sim2 - disabling the cooldown and writing my own cool down function
    Polk XM Tuner- as long as there is only one tuner works great - add a second and feedback stops after a time
  • glr-fti wrote:
    Sim2 - disabling the cooldown and writing my own cool down function

I don't use modules for projo's for this reason, I always end up writing my own startup cooldown routine and I'm usually only ever turning them on and off and checking status anyway.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Lutron Homeworks - RS-232
    Destiny 6100
    Jon's iPort Module.
    AMX T-Stats

Have worked well for me.

Here's some third party modules that I've also had good luck with. I think it might give you some insight as to how others are doing it. The best thing about the ones I mention are that they are very good at handling multiple panel systems.

Kaliedescape - ( I do not like their UI and have modified it quite extensively)
    ReQuest
  • glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    A non AMX module that has proven to be an incredible time saver for me.and I highly recommend it if anyone has LON HVAC devices is the CommTec CTLON module and interface. I can't say enough good things about this. Thanks Marc!
  • chillchill Posts: 186
    B_Clements wrote:
    There has been much discussion on the quality of our modules. Please use this thread to list the modules that you are having success with.

The Sony VISCA module works like a champ.
  • trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    --iPort/iPod module works and is the easiest to implement that I have ever seen come out of AMX
    --Audio Request from request
    --iWeather
    --iti aka Advent aka GE Netlinx security
    --VantageQ works, but it is a little lacking
  • There are a lot of AMX modules that work really well. Autopatch modules, Lutron modules to name a few. However, I am noticing that two duet modules that I have used recently are using multiple virtual devices/ports. Namely the knox and the matrix modules. Maybe there is a reason that they are doing so but I'm not very fond of that method to be honest. But hey, they work.
  • ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    I have had better luck with the new duet version of the Aprilaire modules. That was a definite improvement over the old netlinx version.

The Lutron netlinx module has worked very well for me, and after a little fiddling, the new Duet version seems to be working well. Altho, I vaguely recall having to mess around with my code to deal with the new way of handling keypad reporting.

The new Integra receiver module seems to be working well.

Of course, I treat all of the UI modules as simple examples for testing initial communication and as insight into the mindset of the comm module's author.

Jeff

Really? Cause I just loaded up the Integra Module and it doesnt seem to control the Inputs or Tuner at all. WHen Querying the inputs it seems to be sending ?INPUTSELECT which of course the integra has no idea what that is....

VOlume Works Fine, Surround Mode works Fine, Power WOrks Fine.... But thats it for me.