Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Bad IR file or goofy IR transfer?

Can someone try uploading this to their master? I cannot seem to get it to transfer without NS2 or IREdit crashing out. It's really starting to tick me off too.

Attached is the IR file and the CCF from which I made it from. It seems to crash out whenever I added room 3 or 4 off . . . it's aggravating though.

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    jjames wrote:
    Can someone try uploading this to their master? I cannot seem to get it to transfer without NS2 or IREdit crashing out. It's really starting to tick me off too.

Attached is the IR file and the CCF from which I made it from. It seems to crash out whenever I added room 3 or 4 off . . . it's aggravating though.
    It crashes NS2 for me also. Attached are the error messages it generates.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Hmm - well your computer must be nice enough to give you errors - mine doesn't. :( Not sure what any of it means, but I'm trying to get rooms 3 and 4 for a lightolier control system loaded up for a job a ways away . . . and it keeps crashin'. The installer doesn't seem to understand that . . . IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

Hahaha!

Thanks Joe for helpin' out! Much appreciated!!
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have had problems with codes learned from CCFs. This has happened a couple of times and as I recall, it was only 1 command that was causing the problem each time. If you remove the offending command, everything will transfer fine. It's just a matter of finding the code that is causing the problem. Then you have to use an IRIS to learn that code.

That is what I've had to do anyway.

Jeff
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Spire_Jeff wrote:
    I have had problems with codes learned from CCFs.

Yup. I wrote out some CCF hex codes for Sony Control A1-II when I picked up a second hand receiver for home. I was pretty surprised when some didn't work even though the codes I'd written out were correct. Sticking a CRO on the output of the IR port confirmed that what the AMX was sending out was slightly different to what I had expected. I'm pretty sure the waveform view in IREdit was correct.

I remember there were at least two different scenarios whereby IR waveforms would be incorrectly imported from hex codes. In one scenario the output of the IR port would go high and stay high forever at the lead out of the IR code!