Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Level Events from Active Level Buttons

Greetings,

When a G4 panel has an active bargraph on it (one that creates a level event when touched), I've noticed that a level event with a value of zero is sent to the master when the panel goes offline or comes online. This pretty much makes the active touch function useless for panels that may drop offline or any panel that you may want to upload a new file to during normal system operation. I have eight active bargraphs on my office panel for lighting zones. A panel upload results in all of my lights going dark!

Anyone else experienced this or have a workaround?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I would try using an Offline event handler for the TPs to set a flag. If the the TP is offline don't process level_events for that TP. I assume the current level is stored as a variable somewhere so in the TPs online event handler send the TP the stored value and then reset offline flag.

Of course this won't work unless the offline event handler triggers before the panel sends the level 0.
  • Options
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    yuri had some good advice in this thread:

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=3570
    I have eight active bargraphs on my office panel for lighting zones. A panel upload results in all of my lights going dark!
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Actually Jimweir192 had the best advice in the above thread. If you combine devices/channels/levels that can go offline (eg. touchpanels) with devices/channels/levels that can't go offline (ie. on a virtual device), you won't get the 'no value' events when the external device goes offline. The value of the channels/levels is maintained by the local (virtual) device and when the external device comes back online it is updated to match the values on the local device.

There's a couple of methods of doing this; combine_channels/levels/devices and define_connect_level spring to mind.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Auser wrote:
    Actually Jimweir192 had the best advice in the above thread. If you combine devices/channels/levels that can go offline (eg. touchpanels) with devices/channels/levels that can't go offline (ie. on a virtual device), you won't get the 'no value' events when the external device goes offline. The value of the channels/levels is maintained by the local (virtual) device and when the external device comes back online it is updated to match the values on the local device.

There's a couple of methods of doing this; combine_channels/levels/devices and define_connect_level spring to mind.

when you upload a program to the master, it will still set the levels to 0 right? (you now, reboot of master and all)
    Furthermore, i do like the method of using a virtual device, i had never used it until i read about it on the forums :)
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    yuri wrote:
    when you upload a program to the master, it will still set the levels to 0 right? (you now, reboot of master and all)
    Furthermore, i do like the method of using a virtual device, i had never used it until i read about it on the forums :)
    It would be pretty boring if we all did things the same, wouldn't it? :)
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Auser wrote:
    It would be pretty boring if we all did things the same, wouldn't it? :)

dunno, then i wouldnt have a problem reading through someone else's code :p
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Setting a flag for the device with the active bargraph being online and limiting the string events from occuring only when the device is online solved the problem.

Thanks.