Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

AudioReQuest with a combination of G3 and G4 Panels

I am working on a system with an NI3000, 8400 panel, and a VPN-CP panel. I already have the 8400 working with an Audiorequest via IP and it is great. My question is whether it is possible to use an older VPN-CP to control the request with the same module, or if I need to use the older serial module and serial connection in order to control it and get feedback.

I have tried this already using the second device on the VPN panel and get a message in diagnostics that says "!! Invalid Arq Unit Number Selected!!" I first thought that it meant I was referencing a request tht is not there, but the code looks to be correct. I have added a second arq tp module to interface with the VPN but have had no luck. I am still pretty green so I think I need to look outside for assistance. Any information would be helpful.

BTW, I have been pouring through these forums for a few months now and all of your input has really been a lot of help, Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    Unless I am missing your question I don't think your problem is with the panels. Try selecting zone 2 with the 8400 and I'll bet you get the same error.

There are some errors in the UI that you need to change if you are going to use it.

Change :
    //else if(m_btnIndex>=11 && m_btnIndex<=11+MAX_NAVIGATOR_LIST_SIZE)

TO:
    else if(m_btnIndex>=11 && m_btnIndex<11+MAX_NAVIGATOR_LIST_SIZE)

Change:
    //send_command vdvAudioRequestFseries[m_zone],"'MOVE-',itoa(m_lineSelected[m_port])"

// m_port does not work with zone 2

TO:
    send_command vdvAudioRequestFseries[m_zone],"'MOVE-',itoa(m_lineSelected[m_zone])"

Change:
    //send_command vdvAudioRequestFseries[m_zone],"'MOVE-',itoa(m_lineSelected[m_port])"
    // m_port does not work with zone 2

TO:
    send_command vdvAudioRequestFseries[m_zone],"'MOVE-',itoa(m_lineSelected[m_zone])"
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is a section in the ARQ module that allows you to assign the button channels that tell the module what zone the panel is controlling; ARQ TP Interface v5_0_1.axi, line 23 or so. It looks like that's not getting pushed on your panel.

Other than that, the main things you have to watch are channel numbers over 255, G4 feedback commands that won't work with the G3, and dynamic images (which just won't work at all on a G3).
  • Options
    Thanks for your help guys. I now have it working! I looked a little closer at what I had been doing in the function I created to turn on the zone and found that I was only doing a do_push on the request to connect to the 8400 and not the VPN panel. my mistake was that I thought that I had been doing a do_push on the request device itself on channel 200 and not the panel controlling the device, if that makes sense. thus, the VPN never connected at all. I added a separate do_push from the VPN on channel 200 and was in business.

Thanks for the advice. I am still just beginning to get the feel of the programming side of AMX and am lucky enough to have a fairly nice test bed at home to play with, so you guys will likely hear a bit from me in the future.

Thanks again,
    Dan