Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Marantz DV4001 DVD Player RS232

The RS232 documentation does not seem to provide for basic "now playing" information. And by that, I mean, I can't find a way to get the currently playing track information out of the player.

Maybe I should put a Webcam on the front of this thing and do some character recognition...

Anyone got some "undocumented" RS232 codes that might give me the current track info? And, yes, I have tried this (from the CC4001 CD Changer):
"'@TRK:?',$0D"

Thx

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    roognation wrote: »
    The RS232 documentation does not seem to provide for basic "now playing" information. And by that, I mean, I can't find a way to get the currently playing track information out of the player.

Maybe I should put a Webcam on the front of this thing and do some character recognition...

Anyone got some "undocumented" RS232 codes that might give me the current track info? And, yes, I have tried this (from the CC4001 CD Changer):
    "'@TRK:?',$0D"

Thx

Have you used the AST: command? If not, then read on.

You might want to check and make sure you have the right feedback layer(s) turned on. The DVD player will not volunteer most feedback right out of the box. It would be too verbose. Look in the manual for the AST: command. It allows you to customize what the box will spit out. If you turn on all the layers you can get a deluge of useless data from the thing.

I've attached the pdf of the protocol in case you don't have it.

Hope that helps.

eric
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    i don't think it's possible to get the current track number.
    i've also included the protocol i have for this DVD player (excel document)

try experimenting with the AST: command (as said by eric), be sure to send to command after the unit is powered up completly..