Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Master Freezing

I have a question for you guys out there.. has anyone seen anything like this??

We have a couple of NI-3100 installed in a location that suffers from common blackouts.
One of the Masters after a blackout does not reboot, it actually freezes prior to program load
One loads with no issues
The only way to restore the master is to pull the power ( i.e. give it another blackout ) and then restore the power and then it reboots fine..

We have not been able to "force" this to happen, it only happens when there is a system wide blackout.

Anyone seen anything similar?

Comments

• Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    I've seen this a few times - generally when there is repeated, brief spikes in the supply...

Put the master on a UPS and all will go away!
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I think it's more an issue of the power not coming back cleanly ... partial voltages, spikes, and other not-nice conditions. But I agree, the solution is a UPS. If it were in your code, you could duplicate it by powering down the master.
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Generally yes, it can be re-creatable if you repeatedly kill the supply while in the initial boot stages... my thinking on why some units hang while others do not is down to the unscientific - different PSU's, different boot-times, duet use / or not etc... if the spike, voltage drop etc happens at the wrong moment for that particular master then it doesn't recover cleanly until a forced power cycle...

Either way - UPS should be a standard consideration for all masters in my view.

Cheers

Jim
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    Jimweir192 wrote: »
    Either way - UPS should be a standard consideration for all masters in my view.

We put a UPS on every AMX system we do.