Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Mio R4 Driving me crazy!!

I am working with a R4 that constantly wakes up by itself and sometimes when the remote enters "sleep mode", the backlight on the hard buttons stay lit for quite some time. Is anybody else experiencing this phenomena? I can't seem to track down why this is happening. I am using the feedback module.

Comments

• bmitchellbmitchell Posts: 41
    My R4 is doing the exact same thing.....

I have even unplugged my gateway to make sure that it is not getting any commands to wake up.

I have also put the R4 in USB mode to see if it will do the samething...It does

Basically, by the end of the night (next morning) the battery is dead.

I have an RMA and I am returning it.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I wrote this from an earlier thread!

A new R4 somehow had the "Inactive page flip timeout" was set to 10.
    Every time it went to sleep, 10 minutes later it would wake up.

Post if this fixes the problem.

Always search the forum for key words. There are many topics already in the database and many of them have the answers. :)
  • bmitchellbmitchell Posts: 41
    1) The inactivity page is not set
    2) The timing of the wake up is random. It may be 5 minutes, it may be 20 minutes
    3) It is not only the fact that it is waking up, when it goes to "sleep" quite often the LCD screen is off but the keys are still lit
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I just watched mine wake up while reading this post. It's sitting on a table. There was no physical stimulus whatsoever.
  • I have checked all settings in the remote and they are fine. My concern is that this is a hardware issue and not just a firmware thing. Very strange considering others are experiencing this!!
  • I spoke with Tech Support today and they haven't heard of these issues. So, if anybody else is having the random wakeup problem, TS is requesting that people report it so they can look into a firmware issue. I am sending mine back.
    I'll get in touch with TS as soon as I can.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Tworhythms wrote: »
    My concern is that this is a hardware issue and not just a firmware thing.

My R4 shipped with what was about the first version of firmware released. I have since updated it to each version of firmware made publically available by AMX.

The remote started exhibiting this same behaviour after either the latest firmware update or the previous one (can't remember now because it's been quite a while). It had never woken up from sleep previously, so it would definitely appear to be firmware related.

At a guess I'd say it has to do with the changes that were made to the firmware to make the remote come online more quickly when it is woken up.

I reported this phenomenon to AMX Australia last year, but it may not have filtered on to the States. It's very annoying as the remote keeps waking up when not on the charger and therefore goes flat after a couple of hours off charge...
    I'm sure they know what the issue is. AMX will be mum until there is a fix.

Hopefully they are spending their time working on all of my back ordered Metreau stuff that was promised months ago.
  • Auser wrote: »
    My R4 shipped with what was about the first version of firmware released. I have since updated it to each version of firmware made publically available by AMX.

The remote started exhibiting this same behaviour after either the latest firmware update or the previous one (can't remember now because it's been quite a while). It had never woken up from sleep previously, so it would definitely appear to be firmware related.

At a guess I'd say it has to do with the changes that were made to the firmware to make the remote come online more quickly when it is woken up.

I reported this phenomenon to AMX Australia last year, but it may not have filtered on to the States. It's very annoying as the remote keeps waking up when not on the charger and therefore goes flat after a couple of hours off charge...

Update....I received my new replacement R4 today, which came loaded with the most recent firmware and so far so good! The remote hasn't woken up in hours!! Hopefully they will correct this issue soon on previous releases as we have clients that have spent a considerable amount on these remotes.