Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

8400i as a Wireless Teleconf. Mic/Speaker

Has anyone used/considered using the 8400i as a wireless teleconferencing mic/speaker using it's SIP abilities instead of say a wireless boomerang mic/speaker, but with the added features of being able to use it to place calls and control all of the other board room equipment?

Heck, has anyone used the 8400i as a SIP phone... maybe I should start there.

Would anyone like to share there thoughts on the 8400i SIP abilities? How did it work, enough bandwidth? Sound quality? Etc.,.

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I have not deployed it in the field as of yet, but I did get to see one in action with the AMX SIP gateway at the road show. The sound quality was surprising good. I must qualify this by saying that I don't have much experience with conference call equipment, nor commercial telephony, but it would definitely be acceptable in a home setting.

It also seems to allow the easy addition of Caller ID data to touch panels! (With a little coding on my end).

Jeff
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    using the MVP8400i as a microphone in conference calls would be a bad idea, unless there is only one speaker (whichs is pretty rare in conference calls)
    I don't think the 8400i's microphone has the ability to catch all the sound in a room because it wasn't designed for that.
    i like the idea though :)