Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Compile Error Problem!

We are having a problem compiling source files on one computer in our office. The files reside on a shared server. The workspace files open and edit without issues on all computers. When we compile my computer has no problems, but another computer in our shop will not compile the file and gives the following error message:

Starting NetLinx Compile - Version[2.3.0.0] [05-14-2008 16:00:23]
Z:\TMDI\WDI\TDR\TDS FORT Interactive\AMX\TDS_FORTxC.axs
Z:\TMDI\WDI\TDR\TDS FORT Interactive\AMX\TDS_FORTxC.axs - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Compiled Code takes 46630 bytes of memory

Compressing Source Code Files...
>>>> ERROR: Could not find information in the TKN file.
>>>> ERROR: Could not get source code file names from the TKN file.
>>>> ERROR: Failed to create SRC file: Z:\TMDI\WDI\TDR\TDS FORT Interactive\AMX\TDS_FORTxC.src
NetLinx Compile Complete [05-14-2008 16:00:27]

>>>>--- NetLinx Compiles: 1 Files 3 Total Error(s) 0 Total Warnings(s) ---<<<<

I think this may be due to a file permissions problem, but I have tried everything I can think of to fix this without luck.

Has anyone seen this? If so, what was the cause, and solution to the problem?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    There are certain files that are always compiled along with your code that are installed in various places when you install the AMX software.

Either they are installed but the permissions of those folders are wrong. Or, the files are missing/corrupted/in the wrong place.

You should call tech support and they'll more-than-likely help you hunt down the missing files. De-installing and Re-installing might also help the problem.

good luck.