Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Netlinx v2.6

Does anyone by chance have the older version of Netlinx so I can un-update.

Comments

• richardhermanrichardherman Posts: 387
    Hello,

Yes i have NS2.6 setup available,

I could send it to "ftp://digitalmediainnovations.net/public/" or something, but i'll need a login....

Any other place (or e-mail, if your inbox will hold 40MB) is fine also.

regards,

Richard
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I could send it to "ftp://digitalmediainnovations.net/public/" or something, but i'll need a login....

Any other place (or e-mail, if your inbox will hold 40MB) is fine also.
    Richard, I know your intent is good but . . . please read the following.
    AMX wrote:
    AMX Software License and Warranty Agreement

LICENSE GRANT.
    AMX grants to Licensee the non-exclusive right to use the AMX Software in the manner described in this License. The AMX Software is licensed, not sold....The AMX Software is subject to restrictions on distribution described in this License Agreement. AMX Dealer, Distributor, VIP or other AMX authorized entity shall not, and shall not permit any other person to, disclose, display, loan, publish, transfer (whether by sale, assignment, exchange, gift, operation of law or otherwise), license, sublicense, copy, or otherwise disseminate the AMX Software. Licensee may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the AMX Software.
    I'd advise not posting any type of link to the software.

Jeff (and anyone else), all you need to do is email AMX tech support and they'll give it to you - I promise!
    jjames wrote: »
    Richard, I know your intent is good but . . .

Yeah, you got that right...

I did think of that, and you ARE right, of course, but my thoughts were that to gain access to these forums you have to be "authorized" by AMX (you need an AMX Company ID) so anyone viewing here will also be able to download AMX software. So no harm would be done by helping a struggling programmer...

But thanks for bringing it to my attention,

Best regards,

Richard
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I was under the impression that anyone could sign up to the forums, though you have to be confirmed to view ACE, where this thread would be more appropriate.

Regardless, you are unauthorized to redistribute, even to another programmer, authorized dealer, etc. per the license agreement.

Personally, I don't care if you redistribute it, I'm just looking out for you. Though I do suggest that anyone who needs Netlinx 2.6 email or call tech support, they will be able to help you. That would most likely be the safest thing to do.
    Hello Jay

Just to be sure: I do think you are right. I didn't take the whole licence issue that serious (in this case), but maybe I should. Your way is better; I just didn't think about it.

Happy programming,

Richard
  • jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    Thanks to you all

I am a certified ACE, and I work for a certified dealer. I did get a copy of v2.6, thanks again.