Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Request for TPD4

This might already be available, but is there a way to compare two different touch panels files and get a list of the differences? This would be EXTREMELY helpful. It would also be very cool if you could then select the differences you want updated, then have those changes applied automatically.

Jeff

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This dovetails nicely with the "merge" capacity that has been brought up a few times. I've seen nothing official on it, but keep my hopes up. I always let out a loud groan when I have to add a MAX or Fireball module to an existing panel design, and now have a dozen or more pages to cut-and-paste individually, then edit for "Copy of" images, etc. And a lot of the new module releases are following this sort of pattern - a base page with a whole bunch of pop-ups. It's a nightmare integrating them into another design.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Actually, a merge could happen very easily using this function (as I see it in my mind :) )

Jeff
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yes, that's why I mentioned it (again). I'm hoping the more the idea gets repeated, the more likely it is to actually happen in one form or another. It is easily my biggest time killer on panel design. I have many "boilerplate" panels for various devices, and integrating them in a project is a royal pain if there are more than one or tow pages or pop ups.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Yes, that's why I mentioned it (again). I'm hoping the more the idea gets repeated, the more likely it is to actually happen in one form or another. It is easily my biggest time killer on panel design. I have many "boilerplate" panels for various devices, and integrating them in a project is a royal pain if there are more than one or tow pages or pop ups.

My way around this kind of problem (sorta) is to boiler-plate the popup pages across the board. In otherwords, I have my left popups, my right popups, my centered popups and my whole bottom of page popups. I move devices on and off a touch panel by copy-pasting buttons en mass. graphics are tied with the background image on the one and only page.

I too run into a train-wreck when graphics are accidentally copies over. (I have a few copy of copy of' type files.)

I've mentioned on the forum a wish for the ability to ctrl-click more than one popup/page for copy/delete. Hopefully, the message is getting thourgh.

we'll see...
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    A new feature request: Is there any way panel types of GENERIC 16:9 and GENERIC 4:3 could be added? The reason for this addition is to allow the hard buttons to be configured on one file that is shared among different panel types. For example, 1 file being used for a 5" in wall and a 5200i. The panels are the same resolution, so I don't need to worry about graphic sizing problems, but I do have to worry about how the hard buttons will be programmed.

Jeff