Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

R4 - I found a problem

If you see my next messages (R4 - I can't download to r4 my project. Why?) I have a lot of problem last week to connect to my R4 via USB.
Now I have discover that if I disconnect all my ethernet cables and connections I can to connect to R4.
If my connection is active and I reboot R4 I don't see R4 until I disconnect my cable?
I have tried this with 2 pc( xp pro and win2000 ) and with this trick I can to connect to R4 by USB.
Why?
It's a driver AMX USB LAN problem or it's a pc problem?
Thank's a lot
Alex

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    That's interesting. I would uninstall the AMX USB LAN drivers, reboot, and re-install them. I have no problem connecting to both, so it is clearly something odd that doesn't happen all the time.
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    There is an issue if you have the screen level set to anything other than the factory default 80, after a reboot it will reset back to 80. Not a major problem but annoying.
  • Options
    gusgizmogusgizmo Posts: 15
    Try this:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections

Go to the advanced menu, select advanced options, and push the usblan connection to the top of the list. I bet it works now.

Honestly, from my POV, its both a software, and a user configuration issue. The system is really complicated, and I feel for the guys writing this stuff for all of our PC's with all sorts of different configurations.

I really wish they had just made it so we could load over zigbee, I mean we can load over AXlink and it's just really slow. Honestly I would prefer a 5 minute load time for my R4's over zigbee versus a 30 second load time over USB, because it take an extra minute to plug each one in. Even if it meant swamping out the zigbee network for that period of time.