Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

NEC 60XP10 stupidity

I have three of these NEC plasmas in a system. RS232 control is working fine, except that the display does not report status while it's "off", i.e. in standby. This is like what a lot of newer displays do when they are set to "power save" mode, except that "power save" is turned off. I'm sure I have to set something or other in the display's menus somewhere, but I have no idea what. Perhaps a set-and-unset, which I've already done on the "power save" and "protocol set" options.

The best part is that two of the plasmas are exhibiting this behavior while the third works perfectly. All three displays have all their menu settings the same. Anybody seen this before? What's the secret?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Check the firmware on the plasma's.
  • Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    Check the firmware on the plasma's.

That's what NEC tech support said too. As it turns out, they are all running the same firmware so I doubt that was the issue. Just for the record, NEC said they would email me an update - that was the day after I originally posted. Still haven't seen it.

Anyway, I couldn't wait, so I hacked a workaround: if the display doesn't respond after a certain amount of time, assume it's off. Done.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    NEC plasma's suck. They have a built-in autoshutdown thing when the VGA input is selected.
    Also, i have had some problems powering them on from standby...