Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

How to duplicate online multistate button?

How can I make a similar button to the online button on the 8400 setup page? It's a multistate button? How many states?
I want do duplicate it on my pages to know if the wifi panels is connected or not!
Thanks
Alex

Comments

• Olszewski22Olszewski22 Posts: 51
    The easiest way is to go

File-Open System Template.

That open ALL of the page available to you from the panels setup section. From here you can copy and paste the desired button onto whatever page you like. You must copy the button first though. You can't do anything to the button until you copy and past it wherever you would like.
  • fogled@mizzoufogled@mizzou Posts: 549
    eddymouse wrote: »
    How can I make a similar button to the online button on the 8400 setup page?

Yep, just get into the system pages, copy, paste into your own pages, and modify to suit. There are several layers to the button, make sure you get them all. I half-sized the graphic overlay to make the indicator smaller for my own pages.

Very handy little widget. I put the online indicator on all the wireless panels I program.
  • TonyAngeloTonyAngelo Posts: 315
    Yep, just get into the system pages, copy, paste into your own pages, and modify to suit. There are several layers to the button, make sure you get them all. I half-sized the graphic overlay to make the indicator smaller for my own pages.

Very handy little widget. I put the online indicator on all the wireless panels I program.

I usually put the battery indicator on the wireless panels as well.
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    Battery levels, wireless indicators, connection status, reboot button - all really valuable stuff to offer the users on their help screens - particularly on the MVPs - IMHO.

Be careful if you take your tpd file and 'save as different panel type' - these icons and buttons will mess up the setup pages on the new panel if the res/format is different. Unlike your buttons, these do not scale or resize.

http://www.amxforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=692&d=1192006681
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    There are several layers to the button, make sure you get them all.

Pardon my ignorance - I'm not very fluent with TPDesign4. I'm trying to put the online indicator on my main page, but whenever I do a copy-n-paste, the pasted button turns blue, not the default red as it appears in the system page template. My pasted button seems to have the two layers, but when uploaded to a physical panel it does nothing. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying this on a CV-700vi for starters.

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University
    Hi Roger,

The simplest way is to highlight the whole _protected page, copy it and paste into a new user page. Then you have all buttons that you can play with. Delete all but the connectivity ball. Then you highlight and copy 'the whole ball' and you can then 'paste at will'! ** Drag the area to highlight - don't just click on it or you'll only get the highlight.

It does have several layers - the 'highlight' is one layer and the multistate colored ball is the other.

If it still isn't working, please pm and I'll send you a little tpd file with just that in it
  • annuelloannuello Posts: 294
    Thanks Stephen! It worked like a charm. :)

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University
    annuello wrote: »
    Thanks Stephen! It worked like a charm. :)

Roger McLean
    Swinburne University
    My pleasure.