Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

NI-700 to Axcent3 Pro

New to AMX programming - just finished Programmer 1 two weeks ago. I have a project due that will require me to add a NI-700 to an existing Axcent3 Pro system due to the addition of a new TP (NXT-CV7).

Any suggestions as to a simple way to add these components without a complete re-write of the code? The TP design was easily transfered from old panel to new. But I'm not clear on how to add the NI-700.

I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    knichols wrote: »
    New to AMX programming - just finished Programmer 1 two weeks ago. I have a project due that will require me to add a NI-700 to an existing Axcent3 Pro system due to the addition of a new TP (NXT-CV7).

Any suggestions as to a simple way to add these components without a complete re-write of the code? The TP design was easily transfered from old panel to new. But I'm not clear on how to add the NI-700.

I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Software.

It's very hard to assess the amount of work involved in making the system NetLinx compliant without seeing the .axs file, but the best place to start is to drop it into NSX and 'compile as NetLinx' and see how you go.

Iron out the bugs, and you will have a raw file for NetLinx - but as you have just learned in P1, there are lots of things you really shouldn't do any more. You should at least re-write all the PUSHes to Button_Events as a minimum.

Will it run with PUSHes? Yes, but it's not the best way by any means.

There are plenty of idiosyncrasies associated with the Axcess platform that will cause issues in NetLinx so you need to be a bit careful - but as I mentioned, a lot has to do with the state of the original file.

Hardware is easy - reconfigure your Axcent3 with open axcess and connect it up to the NI and you are away.

HTH
  • Options
    knicholsknichols Posts: 14
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. My next question would be: How do I configure the Axcent3 for "open access"?
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. My next question would be: How do I configure the Axcent3 for "open access"?
    Open AXcess is an AMX app that you will have to download. With this app, you can turn the box into a slave with no master operation. Then you connect up the NI to the Axcent with AXlink and you have a box full of devs under NetLinx

That easy!

HTH
  • Options
    shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    Or just terminal into the Axcent3 and issue the command to disable the master.

SET BASE DEVICE X

Where X is anything but 1. 2 would work.

Programming is cleared when you do this, so make sure you have downloaded whats in there first. Every port on the Axcent3 will go up by what number you set, so you will have to change all the device numbers.

IE, when set to 1, the axcent is the master and the first RS232 port is device 1. When set to 2, the Axcent is the slave and the first RS232 port is now device 2.

See here for more explanation:

http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=158

Kevin D.
  • Options
    knicholsknichols Posts: 14
    Thanks

Thanks guys - the help is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Thanks guys - the help is greatly appreciated.
    No problem.

Also, when programming as NetLinx, remember that all AXcess devices have a single port only.

So your AXcent3 slave D:P:S assignment might look something like;

dvSerial1= 2:1:0
    dvSerial2= 3:1:0
    dvSerial3= 4:1:0

HTH