Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

problems with level_events

Hi
I have a problem in my project to catch level_event, so I make a demo workspace to understand how levels work.
I have a NI-700 and a 8400 panel.
This is the code:

PROGRAM_NAME='main'

DEFINE_DEVICE
TP=10001:30:0

DEFINE_VARIABLE
DEFINE_EVENT

LEVEL_EVENT[TP,33]{
PULSE[TP,10]
}

BUTTON_EVENT[TP,10]{
PUSH:{
SEND_LEVEL 10001:30:1,33,50
PULSE[TP,10]
}
}

DEFINE_START
PULSE[TP,10]

DEFINE_PROGRAM

So, PULSE in BUTTON_EVENT works, but PULSE on LEVEL_EVENT don't works.
On the panel I have a general button with Channel port 30 and Channel Code 10 and a Bargraph with level port 30 and level code 33.
In Diagnostic I can see the level changing but the level_event don't work. Why?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    eddymouseeddymouse Posts: 67
    I make some test with the same code. Some times It works but many times it don't work.
    So i need to re-download to the NI-700 and reboot.
    1 times every 10 tests , if I change level on the bargraph the button pulse!
    It's no possible. I hate AMX!!!!!!!!!
    Why? It's not reliable
    Please AMX staff, say why do It happen? It's a my error?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Why are you using such a high port number? Try working with TP= 10001:1:0 and update your TP file.
  • Options
    eddymouseeddymouse Posts: 67
    What change?
  • Options
    I don't think that this is a particular NI700 problem, but for my information:
    - what firmware has the NI700?
    - what firmware has the MVP8400?

I can't open the tp4 file from the archive, so I created my own. I tested this here with a NI3100 (firmware 3.20.371) and a MVP-8400 (v2.83.9).

The code from the syntax is ok. In the SEND_LEVEL, you use manually the address 10001:30:1. Has your master the system number1 ? Mine has not, so I first was confused why the Button_Event works but not the level update.

When I push the button w/ channel 10, the bargraph jumps to value 50, so it works like expected

When I just do a single touch anywhere on the bargraph, Button 10 pulses like expected. But because of the amount of level events when sliding on the bargraph, it may be happen that the button 10 "stays on" instead of going off after the pulse time. Is the pulse in the level event just for testing? If not, a better way may be to give the bargraph also a channel number (i.e. 11), which then is used with a BUTTON_EVENT[TP,11] for a TO[TP,10] .
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    eddymouse wrote: »
    I make some test with the same code. Some times It works but many times it don't work.
    So i need to re-download to the NI-700 and reboot.
    1 times every 10 tests , if I change level on the bargraph the button pulse!
    It's no possible. I hate AMX!!!!!!!!!
    Why? It's not reliable
    Please AMX staff, say why do It happen? It's a my error?
    Thanks

Reliability has never been an issue with AMX. Understanding what is going on in situations like this is the real issue.

I don't think SEND_LEVEL by itself generates an event; the level has to actually change for an event to occur. So, if your SEND_LEVEL command sends the same value the level is already storing, nothing is going to happen.
  • Options
    avi_daveavi_dave Posts: 62
    true, create a variable(integer) or sinteger in some cases for negative rated equipment dec or inc that variable as so fit and drop a send level in define program so it runs on every pass thats a simple way

example:

define_variable
    test

define_event

button_event[dvtp,anybuttonup]push:{test+1}
    button_event[dvtp,anybuttondwn]push:{test-1}

define_program
    send_level dvtp,1,((test+60)*255/75)

I wrote this fast somebody edit as see fit......