Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Control protocol for Yamaha DME32

Does someone here maybe have the control protocol for the (older) Yamaha DME32?

I'm in the progress of updating some existing Axcent code to NetLinx and my only option so far is to 'reverse engineer' the old code. It sort of works, but adding new features is tricky, because i only have a vague idea what the DME 32 expects.

Thanks,

Richard Herman

Comments

• Solved. Yamaha support gave an answer today. After "rummaging through there servers" they found some documents. I'm hopefull.

Richard
  • ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    AMX has modules for both the 24n and the 64n. I couldn't imagine they would differ much between the 32 and the 64.. You could try it and it might save you a bunch of time unless you preferred not using the module..

Ryan
  • Hello,

The DME32 is completely different from the DME24/64. It doesn't have an ethernet connector and the control protocol is very different from the DME24/64.

And about modules: i've looked at the duet modules for the dme24/64 (which are the dsp devices i'm currently using). Maybe i'm just to dumb to understand these things, but i think there large, difficult to understand and use and i don't see why they will make my programming live easier. I wrote my own code for the DME's and that's working fine, so i will leave the modules for someone else to use.

But thanks for the pointer anyway,

Richard
  • ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    I didn't know that about those processors.. I haven't used those yet.. just knew they were the same sort of deal..

I am kind of right there with you on the AMX modules.. I have tried a couple and have decided to just write my own for most of the stuff I do.. But I figured I would just throw it out there..

Ryan