Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Sony EVI-D70

Hi Guys,

How many presets a Sony EVI-D70 can have? The remote control can only take up to 6 presets, is it possible to have more preset if we're using serial control (rs-232 or rs-422)?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    andryalen wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

How many presets a Sony EVI-D70 can have? The remote control can only take up to 6 presets, is it possible to have more preset if we're using serial control (rs-232 or rs-422)?

The D70 only supports six presets, period. Last year I needed to have 15 or 20 presets on a customer-furnished D70, so here's what I did, controlling it over RS232 using AMX's Netlinx module. First I create a variable to store my presets, and another to store the camera's current position:
    persistent integer preset_storage[20][3]
    volatile integer cam_pos[3]

On the RELEASE for my pan - tilt - zoom buttons, I query the camera's position and store the result in cam_pos; the three array elements store pan, tilt and zoom respectively. The preset buttons work like so: on a HOLD[20] I copy the current camera position (PTZ) into the appropriate set of three elements in the preset_storage variable; on the RELEASE, I read (x,y,z) from preset_storage and tell the camera to go to that position.

Hope this makes sense.
  • Options
    andryalenandryalen Posts: 12
    Thanks Chris
  • Options
    AlexanderAlexander Posts: 18
    chill wrote: »
    controlling it over RS232 using AMX's Netlinx module.

Couldn't find module at http://amx.com/inconcert/trednet.asp?page=device. Would you mind telling me where I can download it?

As I understood it should work for BRC-H700 in my case.

Thanks.
  • Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    Alexander wrote: »
    Couldn't find module at http://amx.com/inconcert/trednet.asp?page=device. Would you mind telling me where I can download it?

As I understood it should work for BRC-H700 in my case.

Thanks.

I'm showing the same url, but that doesn't say much. Go to amx.com -> tech center -> search devices. Put evi in the model field, sony in the manufacturer field. You get four results, one of which is evid70.
  • Options
    AlexanderAlexander Posts: 18
    Aye, it worked.

Strange that it doesn't show EVID70 in the list of products if you fill only Manufacturer field. :(

Many thanks!
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    I think there is a results / page limit on the search function, so you often have to be more specific esp with a large manufacturer like Sony
  • Options
    avi_daveavi_dave Posts: 62
    I found it lol, but in case you cant just use the EVID100 same prod. Just do , Manufacturer: Sony(of course) Device Model: evi, then search