Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Password protected pages

Hi, everyone please guide me where can i get the codes of creating use define password to protect from unauthorize access to certain pages? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    You can create password protected pages directly within TP Design, this will only protect a page / popup flip

To give the user the ability to change the password you can use the internal panel command "Password x Set" with x being the panel password 1-4. Put this command on a button and the user can change the password, obviously this needs to be behind the original password protected page!!

The alternative would be to hard code something in Netlinx, comparing an entered integer with a stored value and then doing a page flip command, it wouldn't be difficult but its all there in the panel already.

HTH
  • anhdoquyanhdoquy Posts: 55
    Are there problem if i created default password in case user forgot their? how you can compare the (2) value if using Netlinx coding? Thank you so much for the info.

Jimweir192 wrote: »
    You can create password protected pages directly within TP Design, this will only protect a page / popup flip

To give the user the ability to change the password you can use the internal panel command "Password x Set" with x being the panel password 1-4. Put this command on a button and the user can change the password, obviously this needs to be behind the original password protected page!!

The alternative would be to hard code something in Netlinx, comparing an entered integer with a stored value and then doing a page flip command, it wouldn't be difficult but its all there in the panel already.

HTH
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    anhdoquy wrote: »
    Hi, everyone please guide me where can i get the codes of creating use define password to protect from unauthorize access to certain pages? Your help is greatly appreciated.

You can do it from code. That'd probably be easier to manage.

You call up a keypad on the touch panel and get the code entered as a DATA_EVENT in the code.

that way you could have levels of security.
    e