Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Setting ethernet settings from code

Hi,
I have a heap of amx systems that i need to telnet into to change the following..

SET ETHERNET MODE 100 FULL
and
SET UDP BC RATE to 0

Does any one know if it is possible to query the current settings, then change and reboot if necessary?

Regards
Craig

Comments

• Options
    It is not possible to directly set ethernet mode and UDP BC RATE from code.
    You may create an IP connection from code to the master's own telnet terminal, and then send this parameters.

A reboot can be done from code, by REBOOT(<device address>).
  • Options
    cmatkincmatkin Posts: 86
    Mark,
    Thanks for the info. Looks like this could work.

Regards
    Craig
  • Options
    travtrav Posts: 188
    Or try it through Duet, I'm pretty sure I've seen those properties in one of the objects in Cafe Duet.
    I'll have a bit more of a dig during the week when I'm back at work.
  • Options
    cmatkincmatkin Posts: 86
    Trav,
    Thanks for that. I have never used cafe duet.
    I should give it a go some time. :)

Regards
    Craig
  • Options
    travtrav Posts: 188
    Cafe Duet FTW!

definatly should, code reuse is as easy as pie as you can create TRUE objects that you can implement or extend depending on your needs.

A simple DVD or Disc object that may read in the RS232 strings from an XML file, or just code those into a template that you may have, so read into the constructor of the object when it loads.

You can ignore the SNAPI if you are only really developing for yourself, but on the other hand, if you do decide to implement snapi, and conform to that API then you have the added advantage of being able to use your lovely FAST (string processing in the JVM is about 25 - 27 time FASTER than in netlinx) java modules in visual architect :)

Also, once your 'toolkit' is in place I have found that 'doing it in java' to be actually quicker than developing in Netlinx.

But then it also depends on your Java background as well :)

All in all I like it and I hope it is develeoped further!

-Trav