Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

MVP-8400 ModeroWireless TP

I have NI3000 and MVP8400 set-up, NXA-WAP is the access point. The problem I had is the TP could not connect to Netlinx. I put the URL Master IP Address of Netlinx on TP which I did the same with my other jobs which is working fine. Is there another way of doing it.

Comments

• Options
    I would first connect a wireless laptop to the access point. Use DHCP to get an address for the laptop then try to ping the Master. If that works then make sure that the MVP is connected to the AMX WAP and Make sure it's getting a DHCP address. If it is still not working you should begin to suspect problems with the MVP. If you have a chance, try connecting the MVP to a system that has a currently working MVP. That should tell you if there is a problem.
  • Options
    edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    thanks kbetty for the reply,
    I have tried that connecting a wireless laptop and ping it, I am also getting the AMX on site survey of wireless settings, but still i dont have the connection between MVP and Netlinx.
  • Options
    What is the IP Address of the Master, WAP, and MVP? And when you connect with a wireless laptop, do you get a PINGreply from the Master, from the WAP and from the MVP?

If both the Master and the MVP are set to DHCP and the WAP has given these 2 devices addresses, you should be able to connect with Auto and the System number.
  • Options
    edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Actually I am connecting to a cross cable.. so I have static IP on netlinx and MVP. I can connect to netlinx through a wireless laptop, but refeshing it to online device tree the TP cound not be found, from there on I should have the MVP detected... right..
  • Options
    What are the IP addresses and did you get a ping reply from the Master and MVP? At the RUN prompt on you PC type CMD then type PING <IP ADDRESS> for the MVP and the Master.
  • Options
    dthorsondthorson Posts: 103
    The WAP-250's are not routers, so you have to set your TP to a static IP. If your TP can see the WAP and you can ping the TP from the master everything should be working. Unless you are using the AMX username and password.
  • Options
    The manual say it has a DHCP server and the IP address is 192.168.1.241 (default)
  • Options
    dthorsondthorson Posts: 103
    Got it, i guess i just never use DHCP since my networks are very static. Be sure the check the firmware of the WAP, the old ones had problems. Should be v.1.0.6.0.

If some of the features don't work from the web gui of the wap you can telnet into the wap for extra control.

To disable SSID, Telnet to AP and type "set ssidsuppress enable" then reboot.
    Other commands used "setminimumrate 24", "set rate 54".