Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Panasonic PT-D7700 Code

I have a project where I replaced 2 Barcos with the Panasonics. I have gotten them all connected up, addressed and switched into RS-422 mode coming off of a single AXC-232. I am able to send both commands but they just reply in errors. I am having a hard time understanding their manual though.

I have attached the code book because it is way easier then describing it. What I am currently sending it is:

$02, $01,';',QPW,$03.
It just sends back a string that is:
$02,$01,$FF,$03 (I can't quite remember exactly what it is but its really close to that. Basically the variable it is sending back is $FF.

Now in the Basic format, it says to send the STX AD (proj addy) ; command : prams etx. I am not sure though what the AD is. If I send an ascii 'AD' it doesn't respond at all to what string I send. I thought it may have been some Hex character, but I am not sure and haven't ever seen that.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    SEND_STRING dvProjector,"$02,'AD01;PON',$03"  //turn on
    SEND_STRING dvProjector,"$02,'AD01;POF',$03"  //turn off

Great projectors with a very useful protocol.
  • Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    SEND_STRING dvProjector,"$02,'AD01;PON',$03"  //turn on
    SEND_STRING dvProjector,"$02,'AD01;POF',$03"  //turn off

Ok, I will, give that a try.

thanks,
    Ryan
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Looks just like the Pioneer plasma on & off commands.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    A lot of plasma manufacturers seem to be building on a Pioneer chassis. It's a good chassis, so that's not a complaint :).
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Pioneer plasmas will soon be built on Panasonic chassis.
  • Options
    +1 to that...
  • Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    Wow.. that was actually a relatively painless protocol.. Why can't more manufactures just make it somewhat logical.. Thanks for the help guys!!
  • Options
    toddttoddt Posts: 28
    We use a lot of Panasonic Projectors and you can even get away with just this for the power commands.

SEND_STRING dvPROJECTOR,"$02,'PON',$03" // Projector Power On
    SEND_STRING dvPROJECTOR,"$02,'POF',$03" // Projector Power Off

But this is only if you are connecting 1 projector to the AMX serial port. If you dasiy chain the projectors and need addressing for each projector, then you need to address part of the string.