Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

How to install volume control card (AXB-VOL4)

Hi

i m new to AMX and our company is about to install our first amx system for a small auditorium.

Right now i have the audio out(RCA ) from the Extron MPS 112 going to Pre-Amp (Bouyer PR 1106) and from the pre-amp to the amplifier (Bouyer PA 1050) and from the amplifier to the 6 speakers.

I also have 3 microphones attached to the pre amp.How do i connect the AMX volume control card to adjust the volume of the microphones and the system.

I have also attached the pdf for bouyer amp and pre amp

AMX System consists of
AMX controller :Ni 3100
T.P:MVP 7500

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I'm not familiar with the system you describe. I did look at the specs online. It seems you'd need to put the mics into the mic inputs on the preamp. I'd insert the volume card between the output of the preamp and the input of the amp. Run the output of the preamp and nominal and the input of the amp at full volume.

The mics are at a different level than a line-level input. The VOL4 card is not a mixer but an in-line VCA. If you're running stereo, you'll use only 2 channels of the 4 available. If you're running mono, then you'll only use one.

You cannat put the mics into the VOL4 card without getting a mic preamp for each mic you have. The VOL4 card is nomial at +4db (balanced) and mics are typiclly at -20db ~ -40db (balanced). They don't have enough output to drive the VOL4's level. What you'd end up with if you tried is a very bad noise floor on the mics.
  • Options
    thanks,i will give it a try.

How do i connect the Volume control card if i dont have an icsnet port on my NI 3100
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    thanks,i will give it a try.

How do i connect the Volume control card if i dont have an icsnet port on my NI 3100

You purchase the ICSNet add-on card for it.
  • Options
    thanks for your help