Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

What tools do you use for UI?

Just wanted to get input from the experienced guys out there...

What tools do you use to create your buttons, animations, backgrounds and other goodies for your TPs?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Pep_SD wrote: »
    Just wanted to get input from the experienced guys out there...

What tools do you use to create your buttons, animations, backgrounds and other goodies for your TPs?

I do all my work in Photoshop.
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    UI creation tools

Illustrator

Photoshop

Paint Shop Pro

and believe or not,

my most valuable graphics tool: PowerPoint

It's funny how some of the most basic inexpensive
    tools can end up being the most useful & valuable.
  • Options
    RealDraw, Xara, and Fireworks
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Xara Extreme, Xara 3D, Photoshop CS3, SmartDraw, TPD4 and I also steal what ever I can from where ever I can.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Button Shop 4
    Paint Shop Pro
  • Options
    Graphic Tools

Take a look at www.ground-z.org/design.html. There are some interesting graphic tools, especially the 3D Button Creator.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I'm a Fireworks kind of a guy myself. Been using it since MX . . . so not that long, but I love it!
  • Options
    Paint Shop Pro and occasionally Google Sketchup.
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    Photoshop. And "The Internet".
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    The GIMP, Inkscape and Blender - all completely free amazing open source projects.
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    visio

photoshop
  • Options
    Mostly Photoshop and Illustrator. And many others, task specific. And here are two you might know about, but, just in case, they could fit in your toolbox:

- GuiFX Copilot, especially its Logo Toos (saves so much time when flawlesly converting white background to transparency especially for TV stations). Unfortunately only free for personal use.

- Maptunes Damage Control - Makes such a difference when optimizing gradients. (I am sure everybody has had the zebra gradients on low colour depth panels). And this one is Unlimited Free Trial (Nag Screen)
  • Options
    Photoshop, axialis icon builder and the WWW.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I use The Gimp for all my graphical editing. For simple resizing and conversion (gif -> png, or whatever), I use IrfanView.