Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums
Options

Marketplace

Not sure if it is possible, but can you open a marketplace forum? Several sites have a similar forum and as dealers we accumulate a bunch of stuff that someone else could use. I know that it would certainly be a place to search for phast parts and the like.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I think of this every time I run a search on EBay looking for a cheap master upgrade or slightly used (or even busted) G4 panel ... and I have a strong suspicion that when a bargain has a half dozen bids on it, it's all people from here ...
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I think of this every time I run a search on EBay looking for a cheap master upgrade or slightly used (or even busted) G4 panel ... and I have a strong suspicion that when a bargain has a half dozen bids on it, it's all people from here ...

I've put almost my entire personal AMX home system together from ebay. But hey, all's fair in love and war. If someone here outbid me, I'd feel okay with that. :P
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    My personal opinion is to leave the marketplace to websites designed for it. If we started listing stuff here, it would most likely lead to constant bickering about how someone's price is too high or too low, I paid for this and didn't get it, I got it and it doesn't work, that person is trying to scam us, and on and on....

Ebay already has all of the facilities in place to track reputation, handle disputes and so forth.

On another note, I have seen people start a topic regarding a good deal they saw on Ebay. No reason we couldn't just post links to stuff we have listed on Ebay. This way, the sale is handled by a website designed for such things. Reputation is tracked, status of the sale is automatically updated (is it still for sale?), and so forth.

Just my 1 cent.

Jeff
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    My personal opinion is to leave the marketplace to websites designed for it. If we started listing stuff here, it would most likely lead to constant bickering about how someone's price is too high or too low, I paid for this and didn't get it, I got it and it doesn't work, that person is trying to scam us, and on and on....

Ebay already has all of the facilities in place to track reputation, handle disputes and so forth.

On another note, I have seen people start a topic regarding a good deal they saw on Ebay. No reason we couldn't just post links to stuff we have listed on Ebay. This way, the sale is handled by a website designed for such things. Reputation is tracked, status of the sale is automatically updated (is it still for sale?), and so forth.

Just my 1 cent.

Jeff

THis is a good idea! Have a forum section called "I Seen It On ebay" If you're selling something, just post there with the link. Brilliant!
  • Options
    I am thinking more along the lines of kscapeowners . com - they have a marketplace forum for folks there. There is no bidding or things like that, but more of a

"Hey I have a phast xyz for sale. PM me for details."

the forum simply gives you a place to post and look for this stuff. The sellers typically post a one liner - sold - when it is gone.