Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Integrated Contoller Does Not Appear in Device list

Hi, I have been having major problems with my NI-2100.
The unit was working fine for months then one evening the whole unit stopped working.
I do not believe i had any software problems as the unit has been working for so long.
On trying to reupload the software to the unit any .irl files that were trying to be sent to 5001 NI-2100 device would not upload giving me an error saying the unit timed out waiting for the upload.

Now in the device tree in NetLinx Studio the device NI-2100 does not appear at all, nor does it appear in the web interface to the netlinx.

Do you have any ideas what could have happened here? I did try updating the firmware but obviously the Netlinx studio cannot find device 5001 to upload the new firmware to.

many thanks

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Have you tried addressing the NI? Is it responding to an address command from NS2 or Diagnostics?
  • no i have not tried that... how would i do that in NS2? is it the device addressing command in the diagnostics menu?
    thanks for the quick reply!
    Mark
    Here's a screen shot from Diagnostics

After you set this up, you hit the button on the back of the NI. If all is well, it should grab the new address. I think you'll need to reboot and it should be better.
  • thanks that did pickup some kind of NI controller. However then when i reboot the system it seems to disapear again. Also it does not come up as an NI2100... see my screenshot. thanks again for your help on this. Mark
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    thanks that did pickup some kind of NI controller. However then when i reboot the system it seems to disapear again. Also it does not come up as an NI2100... see my screenshot. thanks again for your help on this. Mark
    In that picture the previous Device and System for the device that was ID'd are listed at 32002 and 1, which is your instance of NetLinx Studio connecting to the Master. I find that extremely curious.
  • yes i have tried it a few times now and it always seems to pick up the device that was on 32002... what do you think that means?
  • also if i try the same thing when the diagnostic program is connected at 32002 then the diagnostic program is disconnected. it seems the system always wants to take what ever is addressed on 32002 and assign it as 5001... seems very strange.
    also if i try the same thing when the diagnostic program is connected at 32002 then the diagnostic program is disconnected. it seems the system always wants to take what ever is addressed on 32002 and assign it as 5001... seems very strange.

Time to call tech support.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The 320000 range of device numbers is for automatically detected devices (like the virtual for a Studio or Diagnostics connection). It is also the default range for a device that is detected but never had a static device number assigned to it. I have had controllers lose their device number after a power failure and appear in this device range, then need to be re-assigned to their proper number.

My guess here is the controller has gone bad and is falling off the buss. The fact that you can get it to appear, but it won't stay active supports this.