Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Cascading Sources

I need to write a module that will cascade a set of sources. There are 6 satellite receivers that the client wants to have control over. If satellite 1 is in use go to satellite 2 and so on. I don't even know where to start can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Chris Ondrovic

Comments

• Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    ondrovic wrote: »
    I need to write a module that will cascade a set of sources. There are 6 satellite receivers that the client wants to have control over. If satellite 1 is in use go to satellite 2 and so on. I don't even know where to start can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Chris Ondrovic
    Is there a video switcher involved?
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    ondrovic wrote: »

First thing you need to think about is how you will flag a receiver as being in use.
    Power On?
    Sent to a display through a switcher?

Once you know which ones are in use, you can just start at the top of the list when a request comes in to use one.
  • Options
    ondrovicondrovic Posts: 217
    mpullin wrote: »
    Is there a video switcher involved?

Yes there is an ADA Suite 16 Video Switcher
  • Options
    First thing you need to think about is how you will flag a receiver as being in use.
    Power On?
    Sent to a display through a switcher?

Once you know which ones are in use, you can just start at the top of the list when a request comes in to use one.

Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Whenever I have a switcher in play I always create an array to keep track of which zones are on what source, based on the feedback from the switcher. If you have done that you are ready to apply any logic you want to with regards to source selection.
  • Options
    I haven't done that as of yet, so I guess that is where I need to start

Thanks