Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

ReQuest - AMX Module version 6.01 problem.

Just thought I'd pass on a problem with this module. This is the one written by them available on their website.

All buttons are on port 1. the numbers range from 1 up to about upper 300s or so. ( I don't have it in front of me to give you the precise channel numbers.)

Although you can change the TP device number and port in the setup pages, you must leave them on port 1 or many of the functions and buttons will not work.

ReQuest said they would send me the source code on it and that I could alter it. But we'd also lose any support from now on.

ReQuest must not have got the memo about not locking down the port number. (particularly not using port 1)

Great stuff....

So, if you're a ReQuest dealer, please throw tomatoes at them the next time you talk.

Perhaps the AMX police can give them a visit...

Comments

• Options
    jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    ?

I looked at my code, I've programmed a lot of ARQ and I never use port 1. The only part on their code that I had to use a fixed port was port 0 on the enter playlist name. Could you explain a little maybe I can help.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jazzwyld wrote: »
    I looked at my code, I've programmed a lot of ARQ and I never use port 1. The only part on their code that I had to use a fixed port was port 0 on the enter playlist name. Could you explain a little maybe I can help.

I set this particular setup on port 2. I went through and changed all the buttons on their panel layout to port 2. I put the panle layout on a system with the module/includes.

Some things worked just fine. However, when you click the triangle button on a song and select the "Add To Playlist' button, you are then taken to the Playlist window. If you then select the 'New Playlist' button you are taken to a keyboard entry window. Those buttons do not do anything. Some of the non-ascii buttons do work.

The guy on tech support seemed to know all about it. He told me that I would have to leave all the buttons alone and not change the port number or they could not gauranty it's functionality.

I've used the version 5 layout for quite a while without a problem. It's on port 14 and works like a charm.
  • Options
    Port 0

On the Enter a New Playlist Name

All the buttons need to be on port 0. Its is a text button enty on the setup port.
  • Options

All the buttons need to be on port 0. Its is a text button enty on the setup port.

I'll try that. That makes sense. Thanks!
  • Options
    It should look something like this.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Awesome, totally awesome.
  • Options

Thanks! that worked. So, now they're on my good list again. Altough, I still am not a fan of their interface and will have to jack with it again.

One fun thing of note that is not their fault but still is annoying. When you copy their pages into your touch panel file, it totally jacks up the graphics that are icons. It seems that if an icon was, say, slot 20. It tries to maintain that in the destination TP file. Too bad for you if you already had an icon in slot 20. The move doesn't append the incoming icon graphics ot the end of the list.

The other thing I have to do is get that silly on-panel page/popup navigationn off. As you're copying the pages and popups one by one, the popup nav statements get jacked up because in many cases the instruction is now referring to pages / popups that don't yet exist in the new layout. Once they're all there, you have to go through and re-introduce everybody.

anywho, thanks for you help!
    e
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    ericmedley wrote: »
    All buttons are on port 1.

While annoying, ports are essentially arbitrary aren't they? Should be simpler to move ports around no?
    Paul
  • Options
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    While annoying, ports are essentially arbitrary aren't they? Should be simpler to move ports around no?
    Paul

I'm sorry, you missed the part of the post where only some of the buttons need to be changed. I was going under the assumption that they all needed to be changed.

My conversation with the support guy at ReQuest was not with their AMX programmer. He had told me that all the button's needed to be left on port 1. What he should have said is that the Playlist creation keyboard page should be left at port zero and all the other buttons ports changed to whatever port I wanted.

That was the point of jazzwyld's post. His information is what I needed to hear from ReQuest. Had I spoke to the AMX programmer, I'm sure I would have gotten the corret info.
  • Options
    It would still be fun to look at that source code.

I think Brian Pitt did a great job on it.
  • Options
    ericmedley wrote: »

The other thing I have to do is get that silly on-panel page/popup navigationn off. As you're copying the pages and popups one by one, the popup nav statements get jacked up because in many cases the instruction is now referring to pages / popups that don't yet exist in the new layout. Once they're all there, you have to go through and re-introduce everybody.

e

Yeah it took me about a day and 1/2 to create my touch panel interface. The thing I don't like is having to use DO_Pushes for items, I wish they had channel commands, but overall I like the module