Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Multible "dynamic images" on one page ?

Hi

I got a page, where I am picking up 12 streams from AXIS webservers, from a surveillance system.

I am only streaming QCIF quality - the lowest possible quality.

I can only got image upon 8 of the streams on, at the same time.....why - are there a limitiaion in the graphical performance in the 8400i panel ?

The last four icons (buttons) just shows fill colour - in the resource manager everything is fine, as well on the programming screen in TPD4.

In the resource manager - i got the refresh rate at 1 - have also tried 0 and unchecked the "refresh only at start up".

It is a mix of channels from the webservers, so it is NOT a matter of a broken webserver.....

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    bia@jdm.dk wrote: »
    Hi
    I got a page, where I am picking up 12 streams from AXIS webservers, from a surveillance system.

I think that's just too many for the processor, or perhaps the firmware can't deal with so many streams in parallel. I have found the max to be 4 dynamic images on the same popup before things start to slow down.
    Paul
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    bia@jdm.dk wrote: »
    I can only got image upon 8 of the streams on, at the same time.....why - are there a limitiaion in the graphical performance in the 8400i panel ?
    Have you ever tried running Vista on a 10 year old PC with 64MB of RAM?

There's limitations - that's just to be expected.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't think it's so much a hard limit as it is a performance limit. I've seen media server pages, for example, where a third of the cover art images wouldn't display, like it skipped over some. Other times, the same images all displayed perfectly. I still maintain that requests for images are not properly queued in the firmware: if too many requests happen at once, or the processor gets bogged by other processes, some will render and others will time out, depending when they hit the queue.