Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

How to use buttons from Setup pages via Netlinx?

Hi there.
I need to clear all old pages from Modero TP by an event from Netlinx.
I've tried to make DO_PUSH event with button from SETUP pages with port 0.
There is no any commands in manual to do that. For example I need to push button on device 10002:0:1, channel 400.
I make push in Emulate Device, but have not any reaction.
Also there is no any telnet commands.
Any thoughts how to do that?

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I need to clear all old pages from Modero TP by an event from Netlinx.
    Any thoughts how to do that?
    I don't think we have that option, at least not that I'm aware of.
    I'm curious as to why you want to do such a thing. Someone not paying their bill?
  • Options
    jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    Clarity

What exactly are you trying to do?

There are many commands you can send to the touch panel with out using do_pushes

Are you trying to erase the touch panel via telnet?
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    jazzwyld wrote: »
    What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to erase the touch panel via telnet?
    That would be the real ultimate ninja edit.
  • Options
    jazzwyld wrote: »
    What exactly are you trying to do?

There are many commands you can send to the touch panel with out using do_pushes

Are you trying to erase the touch panel via telnet?
    Yes. Erase TP project by any method. Now I have
    1) No available telnet commands in TP
    2) Can't push button in Setup (with Port 0) from Emulate Device
    3) No any TP commands like REBOOT

Am I right?
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    Someone not paying their bill?
    Maybe. Now it's a lesson for me... may be for someone else
  • Options
    3) No any TP commands like REBOOT
    Sure you can.

Via code:
    REBOOT(dvTP)

Or you can telnet into the master and reboot the TP or you can telnet into the TP itself and reboot the TP.
  • Options
    Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Sure you can.

Via code:
    REBOOT(dvTP)

Or you can telnet into the master and reboot the TP or you can telnet into the TP itself and reboot the TP.

Thank you. I saw it in manual. But I need a command, that help me to solve my problem. Maybe you know "undocumented features" or smtg
  • Options
    But I need a command, that help me to solve my problem.
    REBOOT() is a command. Sorry, I don?t understand what you are asking.
  • Options
    Is the command to be embedded in the code or module or do you can you access the controller now. If you can access the controller than it's easy. Just use studio and use the control device to send the proper command directly to the panel.
  • Options
    mpullin wrote: »
    That would be the real ultimate ninja edit.

Well ninjas have to be secret in their ways...erasing and vanishing...without notice would be in the way of the ninja.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the request, but if you just need to erase the TP pages, why not just upload a new blank TP file onto the panel? Or better yet, have a single page that says "Pay Up!"

--John
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the request, but if you just need to erase the TP pages, why not just upload a new blank TP file onto the panel? Or better yet, have a single page that says "Pay Up!"

--John

By a couple of reasons, I need to do that by timer in automatic mode. This task I perform by request my employer company. Client must pay in certain time, but I think he's don't. I'll don't have access to object after that.
    Is the command to be embedded in the code or module or do you can you access the controller now. If you can access the controller than it's easy. Just use studio and use the control device to send the proper command directly to the panel.
    I try to find command or method that clear all user pages on TP like "clean disk". I will use it in my future projects.
  • Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    You could make the main startup page completely blank page.
    In code you can send a page flip to the panel to send it to the actual main control page if the current date is earlier than your specified date.
    If the current date is your specified date or greater then send the reboot command and don't send the page flip command.

This will leave all the programming on the touch panel, but it will lock the user out of the system if you don't turn the reboot/non-page flip event off.

You could always create an activation page that would pull up the TP keypad and have the homeowner enter a string that you give them over the phone to cancel the lockout event. Plus if they do finally pay after the system is disabled you give them the activation string and it send the page flip to the touch panel automatically so you don't need to go out the job site or remote in to give them access again.
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    If you do indeed need to go down the track of 'stopping the system' due to payment etc, surely there is no real need to erase the pages - why not base it in code and simply park the system.

It's all very well having nice buttons on a panel, but if there is no code to make them do anything any more - surely this is problem solved?

In the 'you didn't pay and now we don't like you' mode, you could make it completely grizzly by making it beep continually, flip it to a blank page, constantly reset the peripherals (projector off etc) in case they turn it on manually. You could really make it a pain!

Mmmm....all the evil things I can think of!

...but consider that they may have forgotten to pay on time or the cheque really was in the mail and your code bomb goes off!
    on[political_nightmare]

You could always have a nice simple pop up advising the users to contact your finance department too.
  • Options
    Thanks all, guys! I'll try all your recommendations
  • Options
    A second thought

So you don't have to log into the system, just have !Equipment Monitor

and send an email to the system to lock it up and when they do pay send another e-mail to resume the system.

There is a lot of power in Equipment Monitor