Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Uploading a .axs file to Netlinx controller

Does anyone know how to upload a .axs file to a netlinx controller? I want to leave usable code on the controller so I can pull it back off at a later date. So I need it to be a .axs file so I can open it in Netlinx Studio. I can only send .src files. Please help?

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Does anyone know how to upload a .axs file to a netlinx controller?
    No can do. You can only send and run compiled code, the .tkn file.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    You can send the .axs file to the Master, just not from within NetLinx Studio. Use an FTP client.
    mpullin wrote: »
    You can send the .axs file to the Master, just not from within NetLinx Studio. Use an FTP client.
    I misunderstood the question. Sure you can store any file you want on the master. I thought the file needed to run.

You can compile and download with source and then extract also, no need to send a duplicate .axs file. The source file when retrieved is the .axs file but it's just in a zipped format.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    If you compile with source, the entire workspace is loaded on the master. When you retrieve it, it gets neatly packaged in an AXW file (which is really a renamed ZIP). That way you get the IR files, all the modules, and even the device properties all saved.
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    If you compile with source, the entire workspace is loaded on the master. When you retrieve it, it gets neatly packaged in an AXW file (which is really a renamed ZIP). That way you get the IR files, all the modules, and even the device properties all saved.
    I must be doing something dreadfully wrong because I?ve never been able to get that kind of neatly packaged file. If I build with source, download, and then retrieve I don?t get my workspace back or anything that resembles a workspace. If I rename the .src to .axw and then open it, two folders get created, ?Documents and Settings? and ?Program Files?.

If I drill down the Program Files directory I get to Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\AXIs\NetLinx.axi. And when I drill down the Documents and Settings directory I get to the .axs and .axi files I created for the project.

I don?t get any IR files, or .tko files, and I don?t have the mapping for the files since I don?t get a workspace back either.

Any idea where I?ve gone astray?

Thanks.
  • Joe Hebert wrote: »
    If I drill down the Program Files directory I get to Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\AXIs\NetLinx.axi. And when I drill down the Documents and Settings directory I get to the .axs and .axi files I created for the project.

That basically sums up what you get when the NetLinx compiler creates the .SRC file...a ZIP file that contains only the source code.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm sorry, I really have to get out of the habit of responding to posts before I've finished my morning coffee.

The AXW file is a product of exporting a workspace to go, not from downloading a compiled source. I do neither very frequently, and got them mixed up :( .