AMX-PI wrote:
"'^ICO-<variable text address range>,<button states range>,<icon index>'"
Set the icon to a button.

Syntax:
SEND_COMMAND <DEV>,"'^ICO-<vt addr range>,<button states range>,<icon index>'"

Variable:
variable text address range = 1 - 4000.
button states range = 1 - 256 for multi-state buttons
(0 = All states, for General buttons 1 = Off state and 2 = On state).
icon index range = 0 ? 9900 (a value of 0 is clear).

Example:
SEND_COMMAND Panel,"'^ICO-500.504&510.515,1&2,1'"
Sets the icon for ON and OFF states for buttons with
variable text ranges of 500-504 & 510-515.
Note: TPD4 supports up to 500 icon slot assignments.
The ^ICO command accepts an icon index range of 0-9900; however, TP4 only supports 500 icon slots. I?m wondering why there is such a large disparity between the two. I thought we used to have the option of setting the number of icon slots in earlier versions of TPD4 but maybe I have that confused with something else.

Can the powers that be up the 500 max slot support for TPD4? Slots are great for preset icons but 500 is kind of cutting it close if you add up all the presets possible for DirecTV, Dish, Sirius XM, etc., etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    What version of TPD4 are you using?
    Under panel, there should be an option to Set Maximum Icon Slots...
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Thank you
    Under panel, there should be an option to Set Maximum Icon Slots...
    And so there it is right in front of my face. I thought I remembered being able to adjust that before but I couldn’t find it and when I looked in the help file I gave up when I read the limit is 500.

Thanks Adam! :)

Whoever is in charge of the TPD4 help file please note the error.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I avoid icon slots like the plague; you can't copy the pages to another design without a tedious re-assignment of the slots. I would rather put another button as an overlay to add multiple images.
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    As long as you standardize what slots are what across all your panels you don't have a problem copying pages around. For example I always put the up arrow at slot 1 throughout all my panel designs.

I also use slots to create dynamic animations as it's easier to abstract the animations using slot numbers then trying to track resource names.