Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

4 Button Keypad?

We have a project coming up where the client is very adamant about having a Decora style keypad with only 4 buttons for music (On, Off, Vol +, Vol-) He wasn't happy with the MIO series and the Metreau keypads has to many buttons. I was thinking to use Lutron see-Touch keypads on the HomeWorks system, does anyone know of anything else out there that might work?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    bcirrisi wrote: »
    We have a project coming up where the client is very adamant about having a Decora style keypad with only 4 buttons for music (On, Off, Vol +, Vol-) He wasn't happy with the MIO series and the Metreau keypads has to many buttons. I was thinking to use Lutron see-Touch keypads on the HomeWorks system, does anyone know of anything else out there that might work?

We've done a few systems where we used some of the Lutron keypads for audio. We've found that it's pretty important to plan for it in such a way that you don't try and use the buttons you intend to use for audio for lighting as well. The client can get quite confused about how to toggle the keypads from lights to audio. If you dedicate the keypad to audio only it works quite well.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    bcirrisi wrote:
    Decora style keypad with only 4 buttons
    Well if you can't smack any sense into them and at least use the 7 button Metreau the 4 button SeeTouch is the only 4 button decora device I can think of that can be readily integrated to control the audio. At least you already have HomeWorks onsite and if done right it does work rather well.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I'd be most curious about why he would be unhappy with the Mios. They are about the most modern, sleek keypads I know of. Did you show all three styles?

If you can find some sort of button that they realy like, you can make a keypad with a CPI interface.
  • bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    We have never been able to get the MIO keypads past any of the designers, they look over-sized compared to the Lutron seeTouch keypads. The main key is this project is that they have to be decora, so that they can be ganged with the lighting, shade, control.

The Metreau would have been fine if there was a way to cover up the buttons that aren't being used.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    bcirrisi wrote:
    they have to be decora, so that they can be ganged with the lighting, shade, control.

The Metreau would have been fine if there was a way to cover up the buttons that aren't being used
    Chances are the Metreau wouldn't work either in ganged device boxes since they only come in the basic gloss finishes. I know at least on my job 99% of the time we're installing satin finishes for the Lutron devices mostly snow, biscuit or eggshell so even if they could live with the extra buttons (I'm sure they would get used over time) you won't be able to match colors unless they're using the basic gloss colors. If they are then you have another reason to smack them! :)
  • bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    That's right! Another reason to stick with Lutron seeTouchs.