Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Variable from another master

I have 50 controlers in 50 appartments, and one "main" controler, that need to pick up some variables from that 50 controlers.

What is simple way to do it ?

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I think your are going to need to use virtual devices (probably on the "master"). You can either use send_commands (or send_strings) and parse them in the master, or you could use a combination of levels and channels. You will need to determine which method makes the most sense for the data you are sharing.

If you are using channels and levels (and possibly different ports), you have to be sure to use the set_virtual_levels, set_virtual_channels and set_virtual_ports commands, and you will have to define the virtual device in both processors.

If you want suggestions on which method to use, post a brief description of the data you are sharing and why you are sharing it and I am sure that at least one or two people here will share an opinion ;)

Jeff
  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    VladaPUB wrote: »
    I have 50 controlers in 50 appartments, and one "main" controler, that need to pick up some variables from that 50 controlers.

What is simple way to do it ?

What I would do is maybe create one structure to hold the values you need the main master to have. Use VARIABLE TO STRING, to binary encode them. Then either do a send command to the virtual device on the main master or write that binary encoded string as a file. Then have the main master fetch that file from each master when it needs it.
  • VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 138
    I prefer something not to change source in 50 controlers, just to TAKE variable or something like that :)

If that is posibile ?
    VladaPUB wrote: »
    I prefer something not to change source in 50 controlers, just to TAKE variable or something like that :)

If that is posibile ?

No matter what you do here, the source will need to be changed in the 50 controllers.
    :( :sad:

Ok, because, it is problem, or better to say lot of work to do that !
  • kbeattyAMXkbeattyAMX Posts: 358
    What information are you trying to get from the 50 controllers? When you assign a URL Lookup for master to master, the one master can interact with the devices on the 50 remote masters without updating code.
    I am collecting temperatures on each controler, five of them on each, and i need to collect them.

SOme variable like
    adresa[100].temp

all controlers have different system number, just to say :)
  • kbeattyAMXkbeattyAMX Posts: 358
    Do the Temperature Collection on the remote master. Once Master to Master is established, you should be able to see the Temp Sensors to parse the information coming from them.
    I am collecting data from EIB sensors in apartment, so i have EIB-RS232 gateway connected on Port1.
    Each system will have to be updated with a unique system number (1 - 50). Then the main master will have to parse the same information that the room masters are parsing.

// Main Master Code
    dvTempRm1 = 5001:1:1
    dvTempRm2 = 5001:1:2
    dvTempRm3 = 5001:1:3
    dvTempRm49 = 5001:1:49
    dvTempRm50 = 5001:1:50

DEFINE_EVENTS

DATA_EVENT[dvTempRm50]
    {

}