Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

NXD-435

Hi there,

I have noticed that NXD-435 is not on the list for touch panel design. Any body knows what TP should be used.

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    it's not even available right? I doesn't have a 800x480 resolution...
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    A new version of TP4 is required when new tp hardware is released. Look for an upgrade to TP4 sometime in the next few months (my guess).
  • Options
    we have an incoming job that will be kicking by next week and needs to design the TP, so I have to wait for the new update on TP4. I can't even use other template as the resolution is 480x272.
  • Options
    You can fake it. Use any panel with a higher resolution, but only use the top left 480x272. When the new TP4 arrives, File->Save As Different Panel Type to the new one (don't scale anything) and there you go.

Edit:
    Assuming these panels are real G4 panels, not like the R4s...
  • Options
    iainshawiainshaw Posts: 133
    Rash

It's unwise to sell something that doesn't exist. It's simply crazy to end up having to do interface design for something that doesn't exist. I'm not having a pop at you but someone here has got well ahead of themselves.

I saw it at ISE - what was on the booth was clearly a prototype - this product should not be in a project that is so advanced that it is now calling for a TPD design
  • Options
    edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Colzie wrote: »
    You can fake it. Use any panel with a higher resolution, but only use the top left 480x272. When the new TP4 arrives, File->Save As Different Panel Type to the new one (don't scale anything) and there you go.

Edit:

Will it be downloaded, if you use the other template..
  • Options
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    Will it be downloaded, if you use the other template..

I'm not exactly sure I understand the question, but you are only able to load a TP design to a touch panel with a matching resolution. If you are using an 8400 (800x600) to create your temporary 4" panel design, you could load it to an 8400 but not the 4" panel.

Once you convert it to the 4" version (after the new TP4 is available) you will no longer be able to load it to the 8400.

Does that answer your question or did I misunderstand?
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure I understand the question, but you are only able to load a TP design to a touch panel with a matching resolution. If you are using an 8400 (800x600) to create your temporary 4" panel design, you could load it to an 8400 but not the 4" panel.

Once you convert it to the 4" version (after the new TP4 is available) you will no longer be able to load it to the 8400.

Does that answer your question or did I misunderstand?

thanks for the reply, I mean if you fake the resolution to match the NXD-435 resolution, will it be dowloaded to the touch panel, where it has only 480 x 272. What Im trying to obtain is to load a TP design to NXD-435. The basic question is , will it be able to do that by faking the resolution.
  • Options
    No current AMX touch panels have a resolution of 480x272. You will have to create panel on an 800x600 (or any available resolution > 480x272). You will only use 480x272 of the 800x600. As far as TP4 is concerned, it will be an 800x600 panel. You will not be able to load it to the (non-existent) NXD-435, but you could load it to an 8400 for testing page flips, code, etc.

So when I said you can fake it, I meant you could develop a 480x272 panel in TP4.

I did not mean that you could fake TP4 into loading to a NXD-435.
  • Options
    thanks again,,

so for this time the only solution is to wait for the new updates of TPD4,
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    http://amx.com/products/NXD-435.asp Looks like it exists now!
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485

From the TPD4 perspective, the R4 penel file is created just like and other panel. The only thing different is how it communicates and it has no streaming video abilities.

I too would not be selling AMX products that don't exist yet. I have burnt by that too many times. Even when the hardware becomes available, I would run it through all of the paces necessary to use it in your configuraion before making any promises.

A wise man once said, "Never buy version 1.0 of anything!"
  • Options
    me wrote: »

I was referring to the ability to Save As Different Panel Type...

You can not convert anything to/from an R4.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    AMX is somewhat notorious for announcing a product, then getting it out way later than expected ... and then tacking on some delays after that as well. The R4 and the new color thermostats are a good example. The thermostats especially, came out more than a year after announced.