Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

System Call

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt in how use an system call.
I tried change many things, but I get no IR reponse

Here is my code

(***********************************************************)
(* THE ACTUAL PROGRAM GOES BELOW *)
(***********************************************************)
DEFINE_PROGRAM
SYSTEM_CALL 'VCR1'(dvVCR,dvTP, 60,61,62,63,64,0,0,0,0)

There is anything more I need to do?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Personally, I'd just ditch the system call and send the IR directly. The main reason for system calls was to fake feedback on devices that don't provide it, and I just don't believe that is a good idea anymore. It will just plain be wrong if someone walks up to the device and hits "play," or if any timer functions happen, etc.
  • DiogoDiogo Posts: 65
    I also prefer send directly, but the problem is that i need use system call (certification practical)
    Because of this i need use system call.
    If you know why this thing not working please help.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have to wonder why the heck they are still in the cert exam ...

Make sure your button channels match the parameters passed to the system call, and make sure the IR file has been loaded to the port; also make sure the LIB file for the system call can be found by the compiler (you would get an error at compile time if not). That really ought to be all you need to do besides the system call line itself.
    I found what was wrong in my program,
    I leave some feedback in that buttons, that blocked the system_call in some way

Sorry, system call do what it was done for.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I'm with Dave on this one - I'm quite surprised that they still teach system calls. I've never used one in my entire programming life. And for it to be on the exam? That blows me away.
    Yep Yep
    They say the system call is to simplify, but well, it's worst to read and undertand the code with system calls, you need look the keywords help to know what they do.