Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Cameleon images in TPD4

Anybody who is willing to share a simple design, from Photoshop?
What I need is to understand is how you build the image (especially setting the colors in Photoshop) to be used as a Cameleon image in TPD4.

I can see these yellowish or orangery cameleon images from AMX samples, but I need an example from Photoshop.

Thank you for the help.

Paul-Eric

Comments

• Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    From the TPD4 help file:
    Chameleon images utilize the 4 color channels that are utilized by 32-bit images (Red, Blue, Green and Alpha) as follows:

The Alpha channel of the Chameleon image defines the overall shape mask for the state.

The Red channel defines the area that will be filled with the state’s Fill Color.

The Green channel defines the area that will be filled with the state’s Border Color.

The Blue channel is not used.

Note: When creating an image to be used as a Chameleon image in TPD4, set the image properties to RGB Color and 8 Bits/Channel.

An important thing to remember is that your are not limited to just 2 bit colour. Any colours that sit between red and green on the spectrum will be a composite of your fill and border colours in TP design which allows you to do some nice things with gradients that utilize both colours as well as the alpha channel.