Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

MET-ECOM problems

Hi,

I have trying to use the NetLinx Module for the MET-ECOM but it is not working. I need to use the device only for Inter phone functions and that make me think of writing a small module for these functions.
I am new to AMX but I have a strong background in programming, thus I am wandering if some one can send me a small netlinx source code implementation of a module for MET-ECOM.

Another question: if I am using the standard module for MET-ECOM do I need to use the same port for the TPS devices and the TPS virtual devices ?
By example

dvTP1 = 10001:3:0
dvTP2 = 10002:3:0

should the virtual devices use the same port 3 or I can use another port ?

virtualTP = 35000:1:0
vdvTP1 = 33001:1:0
vdvTP2 = 33002:1:0

or it has to be

virtualTP = 35000:3:0
vdvTP1 = 33001:3:0
vdvTP2 = 33002:3:0

Thanks,

Ion

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I don't think the virt port numbers matter. I did mine as port 1 on the virtuals.

I'm having a bad time getting the camera image to show up on other TPs. Tech Suppoort has not been able to figure it out either. I've been on two calls so far with now success.

I can see it just fine in the browswer. TP4 cannot find the image when you try to refresh either. I've switched out the router to see if it was blocking local traffic or something. No luck there either.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I don't think the virt port numbers matter. I did mine as port 1 on the virtuals.

I'm having a bad time getting the camera image to show up on other TPs. Tech Suppoort has not been able to figure it out either. I've been on two calls so far with now success.

I can see it just fine in the browswer. TP4 cannot find the image when you try to refresh either. I've switched out the router to see if it was blocking local traffic or something. No luck there either.

I think you have to tell the panel that you want to view the video. This causes the module to update the URL in the dynamic image to the appropriate url and tells it to connect to the camera. The reason they do this is because I believe the camera can only handle 3 or 4 simultaneous connections. As I recall, there are some settings in the module that refer to specific dynamic image names in the panel and if you have changed the dynamic image names in either the module, or on the panel, it breaks this functionality.

I have vowed to write my own module for intercom at some point, but I have not had the time. It has also been a couple months since I played with the module, so that is why I cannot be more helpful.

Jeff
  • jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    Tech Support

So I spoke with Jonathan in Tech Support yesterday and he confirmed that Yes there are only 3 touch panels that can simultaneously view the Met-ecom. They have been swamped the last couple days because of this post.
    jazzwyld wrote: »
    So I spoke with Jonathan in Tech Support yesterday and he confirmed that Yes there are only 3 touch panels that can simultaneously view the Met-ecom. They have been swamped the last couple days because of this post.

That's not good. I still do not have my camera working on any of my touch panels. In this particular system I have 4 MVP5200i and 3 NXC-520. none of them can show the video. I can see it in a FireFox browser. Tech support is sending me a new MetECom to test.

we'll see.
    Another Option

Eric not that this solves your problem, but the W-4000 from Channel Vision is a great piece of gear and if you need the url to view the dynamic images I can give you guys that info. It supports up to 20 streams... a little better than 3. I use that in conjunction with either Channel Vision Cameras, Siedle Entry Systems, or 007 Entry Systems, works great.
    jazzwyld wrote: »
    Eric not that this solves your problem, but the W-4000 from Channel Vision is a great piece of gear and if you need the url to view the dynamic images I can give you guys that info. It supports up to 20 streams... a little better than 3. I use that in conjunction with either Channel Vision Cameras, Siedle Entry Systems, or 007 Entry Systems, works great.

Please do... and for the benefit of all of us, please post it here.
    thanx!
    e
    W-4000

Here's the info

HTTP:
    Host: 192.168.1.30 (or whatever your IP address is)
    Path: Leave Blank
    File: getimage?camera=1&fmt=sif (Camera =# is the camera you want to view 1 of 4)

Pretty Simple... Enjoy