Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Is there a way to create web interfaces in TPD4?

Hey all,

Just wondering if there's a way to create web interface pages in TPD4, similar to what you get if you 'Save as HTML' from TPD3? We have multiple masters controlling exhibits, and use web interfaces for controlling them. I'd like to use TPD4 to do the updates (even having an 'Undo' function is a major bonus!), but can't find a way to export except to a panel.

We're also looking at upgrading our lecturn panels to G4,and would like to be able to control them remotely from a web interface as well as from the lecturn.

(I haven't had much to do with TPD4 so far, as we're still using AX-generation panels)

I thought i!-WebControl might have helped, but sadly it's not available for download any more

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sean

Comments

• Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Unfortunately web panels are limited to TPD3 only. There is nothing similar for G4 / TPD4.

Your options are limited to the AMX Virtual Keypad, or looking at some of the iPhone Apps being developed. There are a couple of people on here who have done some work with a flash interface / html on the Netlinx master. Have a search of the forums.

For control of a G4 panel from a PC, you can use a VNC client and connect directly to the panel or you can go via Web Control on the master. Very easy to setup and use the VNC client.

HTH
  • Options
    smckintysmckinty Posts: 7
    Thanks, that was what I suspected - probably one of the few times when being behind the times is actually a benefit..

Unfortunately, I don't think Virtual Keypad would cut it - we use floormaps as backgrounds to locate where the hardware is in the room & can have up to 20 individual exhibits controllable on the page, with projector lamp hour info and localized scheduling.

Though now I've got good justification for investing in a handful of G4 panels - just hoping the boss will see it the same way...
  • Options
    RVanceRVance Posts: 14
    Also I've heard that AMX no longer supports the G3 web panels. For example, if they release an updated version of the master firmware that breaks the G3 web panels, it won't get fixed.
  • Options
    AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    Jimweir192 wrote: »
    There is nothing similar for G4 / TPD4.

If remote control of a room is needed, I would recommend using a TPI-PRO. You can install it in the rack with no touch monitor attached. Use it just for remote control of the system. This way your primary room TP won't be affected by the remote client. TPI-Pro supports 4 simulatious VNC client connections at this time.
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    AMXJeff wrote: »
    If remote control of a room is needed, I would recommend using a TPI-PRO. You can install it in the rack with no touch monitor attached. Use it just for remote control of the system. This way your primary room TP won't be affected by the remote client. TPI-Pro supports 4 simulatious VNC client connections at this time.

We have a client who has expressed a desire for a web interface. Apparently, Extron is offering something which has an editable web interface and the client wants to know why we can't do the same thing with AMX. My first suggestion was that if the client wants to control rooms remotely that they need RMS. The response was, "that costs money." Web control of an existing wireless touch panel is not a solution because most of the time that they want remote access it's because the wireless touch panels are not working, That led me to suggest either a TPI or the cheapest wired G4 TP that AMX offers.
  • Options
    As far as I can tell, RMS is fine for monitoring (haven't really played with it since the course), but doesn't provide the same sort of interaction a web interface can give - on our RMS, we have to navigate around 4 levels to get to the device controls, whereas on a web page I can put the controls I need wherever I want them. I've attached a WIP of a page I'm currently working on (OK, so I'm no Michelangelo - it's for internal use only, not for a client, and, hey, as long as it works! ;-) ) - if anyone can show me an RMS page that provides scheduling, device control, projector lamp hours, and updateable PC addressing details in a single window, I'm willing to convert!
  • Options
    RVance wrote: »
    Also I've heard that AMX no longer supports the G3 web panels. For example, if they release an updated version of the master firmware that breaks the G3 web panels, it won't get fixed.

Now I'm glad (sort of) that all of our hardware is old - as long as it doesn't need updating! ;-)

Guess it's time to start looking for alternatives...