Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Channel Feedback / EnvStat

sonnysonny Posts: 208
Not sure how much experience anyone has with these yet, but I haven't done many programs to AxLink-based devices. (although I'm not sure if any of this is AxLink related)

<as a note, the duet module has problems and limitations, so I scrapped it and am doing one in Netlinx>

My issue is Channel Feedback on startup. Here are my observations...

Scenario would be a TP, Thermostat and vDev for thermostat...

I have a channel named HVAC_MODE_AUTO = 219 (others for other modes)

In order to get feedback on the TP I have tried the following...

DEFINE_PROGRAM

[dvTP, HVAC_MODE_AUTO] = [vdv, HVAC_MODE_AUTO]

this works sporadically, some boots most of the channels will show up, others only a few...

Option 2

DEFINE_PROGRAM

[dvTP, HVAC_MODE_AUTO] = [tStat, HVAC_MODE_AUTO]

never any feedback for any channels

Option 3

CHANNEL_EVENT [tStat, HVAC_MODE_AUTO]
{
ON:
{
ON [dvTP, HVAC_MODE_AUTO]
}
OFF:
{
OFF [dvTP, HVAC_MODE_AUTO]
}
}

this works for ON, but not for OFF, so I have to do a mutex on the mode channels. however, it only shows up after a mode change, not on bootup.

I added a hard assignment to the stats' online event...

[dvTP, HVAC_MODE_AUTO] = [tStat, HVAC_MODE_AUTO]

but that does nothing...

Not sure if there is a command that triggers AxLink devices to report their channels??

Also, I noticed that changing the mode at the thermostat does not generate a channel event.

Any thoughts, ideas, etc.??

Thanks,

Sonny

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    If you're referring to the old i!Weatehr module, it will not work with the new thermostats. Having said that, the new i!-Weather module is not complete. It basically only is there to give the weather info to the t-Stats.

The work around is to write you're own interface to the new one of run both instnaces and put the old i!Weather on the TPs and the new on the T-Stats.

I chose to roll my own i!-Weather because the built-in panel navigation in the old one drives me crazy.
  • Options
    yea, I added my own thermostat code from iWeather data and it is working fine...my problem is more direct thermostat control
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    sonny wrote: »
    yea, I added my own thermostat code from iWeather data and it is working fine...my problem is more direct thermostat control

I guess that's the point; you get the feedback/send the commands/push the buttons from the virtual device, not the real TStats. You need the Duet module because it is what communicates with the TStats.

I don't know if I have the protocol for the actual TStats. But, the module for the TStats actually works pretty well. It's the i!-Weather part that is half-baked.
  • Options
    the protocol is included with the duet module, it's pretty straight forward. The duet module doesn't include any hooks into the schedule, so you have to roll your own if you need that. I also had some other issues with the duet module, like weird data showing up in the levels for setpoints.