Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Intercom Panel-to-Panel Ring?

Seems silly, but when using the standard intercom module, performing an intercom 'Call' to another panel, the called panel doesn't ring. Wassup with that? AMX Tech Support says that's just the way it is right now. Calls originating from the ECOM ring like you'd think, just not from other panels.

SO, before I burn any vitally needed neurons trying to add panel-to-panel ring capability, has anyone out there added this to their copy of the module? Mind sharing either the code or a talk through (simple text description)?

How did they expect anybody to answer an incoming intercom call without hearing anything? Are they simply supposed to sit there and wait for a call to pop up? Hmmmm.

Thanks guys, as always

Chuck

Comments

• travtrav Posts: 188
    You could edit the UI module, but when you setup the connection ala the way it is done in the module prior to calling the timeline to make it ring, at that point the ^SOU commands to the panels no longer work, so it requires something of a re-write to get it to work along the lines the ecom to panel is handled in the module.

So just do what I did, make a looping mp3 file and add that to the popup page as a sound, so when the incomming panel call popup appears it plays the ring sound. I just got the standrad ring sound out of the panel design, and looped it 5 times.
  • chuckdchuckd Posts: 26
    That's much easier than what I was going to attempt, for sure.

Thanks for the input (and the looped files). That will save a ton of time.

Chuck
  • VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 138
    I have same problem, and also support tell me that it works ok .....

Thank you for idea !
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP_DPS[IDX], "'PPON-_IntercomAnswerCall'"
    [b]SEND_COMMAND dvTP_DPS[IDX], "'@SOU-PhoneCall.mp3'"[/b]

I just added one line of code at around line 2320 (see bold). Seems to work fine.
    Interesting, what firmwares/panel combo were you using?

I had problems with the ^SOU command playing anything when the call was being setup bnetween the panels, the command would go out to the panel, but the sound would not play.

I'll have to revisit :)
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    trav wrote: »
    Interesting, what firmwares/panel combo were you using?

I had problems with the ^SOU command playing anything when the call was being setup bnetween the panels, the command would go out to the panel, but the sound would not play.

I'll have to revisit :)

Try @SOU rather than ^SOU.
    I

Did. .
  • VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 138
    Sound on pop-up not work ! I have add sound in pop-up properties, but it does not play it. I have try both mp3 and waw, ^SOU and @SOU but nodifference . :(
    Yeah don't try ^SOU that's me being really poor at rembering commands. There is not reason the sound on the popup souldn't work though.

But I did have problems with the @SOU- command, but I haven't had a chance to revisit it.
  • Pep_SDPep_SD Posts: 106
    I came across this few-months old thread and wanted to give my observations/testing/debugging.
    Currently running all latest versions:
    Studio 3.0.0315
    TPD4 2.11.0 build 619
    NI3100 - Master: 3.41.414 - Device 1.13.7
    MVP-5200i: 2.65.13
    Module AMX Intercomm v1.5

First, to answer to VladaPUB, at the TP level design using TPD4, the sound does work. Just by selecting an mp3 or wav file in the property "Sound", tab "States" for a Pop-up page. No usage of the command @SOU- what so ever. For not so quite experienced AMX guys, of course the sound file must be loaded to the TPs.

Now at the code itself (module AMX_Intercomm_UI) I'm experiencing some real weird things.
    As "a_riot42" wrote it earlier in the thread, I also traced the place where to possibly add the sound command when a TP calls another TP - somewhere after line 2320:
    //Added cmd below
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP_DPS[IDX],"'@SOU-doorbell6.wav'"

The weird part: if I only add one command like above, the sound is never played.
    If I add two commands like this
    //Added cmd below

then it's a kind of sometimes it will play once only, sometimes not.

And if I add 3 times the command, then it will always play but once - I never get the sound to be played more than one time...

I found another place at around line 520-530 where I should be able to play a sound (since I can log a message in the diagnostic), but never works neither:
    	    // destination is a touch panel
    	    IF (uLAST_CONNECTED[TP_IDX2].vdvDEVICE != dvDUMMY)
    	    {
    		SEND_COMMAND vdvTP_DPS[TP_IDX1], "'CREATE_CALL-DESTINATION,',uLAST_CONNECTED[TP_IDX2].cIP_ADDR"

IF (uDOORBELLS[TP_IDX1].vdvDEVICE != dvDUMMY)	// if source is a doorbell
    		{
    		    SEND_COMMAND dvTP_DPS[TP_IDX2],"'^RMF-',cVIDEO_DYANAMIC_IMAGE,',%H',uDOORBELLS[TP_IDX1].cIP_ADDR,'%Fstream_cam_wg.mjpeg%R10'"
    		    SEND_COMMAND dvTP_DPS[TP_IDX2],"'^RFR-',cVIDEO_DYANAMIC_IMAGE"
    		    SEND_COMMAND dvTP_DPS[TP_IDX2],"'^BMF-',ITOA(nDOOR_TXT_BTN[3]),',1&2,%P',cVIDEO_DYANAMIC_IMAGE"
    		}
    [b]//**** Else section added below
    		else
    		{
    		    SEND_COMMAND dvTP_DPS[TP_IDX2],"'@SOU-doorbell5.wav'"
    		    send_string 0, 'Passed here... ligne 533'
    		}
    	    }[/b]

I already spent enough time on this just tracing the code - I'm giving up and will probably end up using the sound at the property of the pop-up page itself... :-(

Anybody ever fixed that???
  • Panels are ringing now

Got good support from AMX tech team and was able to resolve it. I made some timelines which will do the ringing and the ringing will stop automatically or when the call is taken or ignored. Please look into the button event for the different events to understand.

I have a new requirement where in there are 3 panels in a room. Now if i change a setting for a panel in this room regarding intercom, all have to change. If i call this room, all panels ve to ring and the one which takes the call talks and the rest of the panels stop ringing. Same with monitor, page, etc
  • Rich AbelRich Abel Posts: 104
    Intercom Panel to Panel ring

John: I'm running into the issue you encountered last year trying to get the TP being called to play a sound. I found the 'quick and dirty' approach of attaching a sound to the popup in TPD4 will work for 700Vi panels, but not with a 5200i.

Did you ever get an explanation why the timeline approach is required to make this work? Seems like there is a bigger lesson there....so I'm curious.

Thanks
  • John PaulJohn Paul Posts: 143
    explanation

I figured out that when the module calls this function 'Call Setup', there is already call in progress but the speakers are muted, so the ring will not happen. So i have the call happening only after the ring is accepted or auto answered.

i realized that the code i submitted in my previous post has few bugs when it comes to multiple panels calling at the same time as the timeline ids get mixed up so i have removed the axs file, once its rectified i ll repost it here.