Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Which Alarm Panel

My Apex Destiny RS232 Adpater quit working and I can't find a replacement. If anyone has one for sale at a reasonable price I'm interested. PM Me) If not, looks like it is time for a new Alarm Panel. Which Panel(s) offer the best interface with Netlinx in terms of programming, two communication like zones open and status etc? Does anyone find IP inegration easy or not worth th effort? In terms of future proofing it would seem IP Integration migh be the way to go. Suggestions are greatly apreciated.

Dave Groves ACE
DG Sales and Service

Comments

• Options
    jazzwyldjazzwyld Posts: 199
    davegrov wrote: »
    Which Panel(s) offer the best interface with Netlinx in terms of programming, two communication like zones open and status etc? Does anyone find IP inegration easy or not worth th effort?

Dave Groves ACE
    DG Sales and Service

I really like Elk. Built in RS-232 (you don't have to buy extra addons), no IP. Its what we use exclusively for our office and the interface/module is pretty great.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    davegrov wrote: »
    My Apex Destiny RS232 Adpater quit working and I can't find a replacement. If anyone has one for sale at a reasonable price I'm interested. PM Me) If not, looks like it is time for a new Alarm Panel. Which Panel(s) offer the best interface with Netlinx in terms of programming, two communication like zones open and status etc? Does anyone find IP inegration easy or not worth th effort? In terms of future proofing it would seem IP Integration migh be the way to go. Suggestions are greatly apreciated.

Dave Groves ACE
    DG Sales and Service

We like the GE
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    ELK is great. Here is an example of a security system that was built with control system integration in mind and not simply an afterthought. Also, it does in fact allow for IP control.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Elk M1 and GE NX8E
  • Options
    rcainrcain Posts: 11
    ericmedley wrote: »
    We like the GE

Do you use just the NX8E or do you also work with the Concord 4? If so, any differences in control?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    rcain wrote: »
    Do you use just the NX8E or do you also work with the Concord 4? If so, any differences in control?

nx8e

I'm working on one right now as a matter of fact...
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    ELK over IP - no polling, very fast and programming the ELK is easy.
  • Options
    davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    Thank You

Thanks to all who responded to my question. One of my fellow integrators suggested the GE Panel and my online study has me leaning to the ELK panel. I am assuming since the ELK sets up so easily that IP Integration is a snap and that the AMX Module will require very little tweaking.

David Groves ACE
    DG Sales and Service