Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum
Options

McIntosh Preamplifier MX135 RS232 Protocol

Hi there,

Does anyone has the RS232 Protocol or manual of this model? Thanks a million!

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Here's both. The module should be fairly self explanatory, but is a port from and old Axcent program, and could use some updating. I use it as is myself, out of sheer laziness. The one thing that bears explanation is the last string parameter; it has three uses: as a pass-through, a discrete volume command, and a KEY command (mimics the McIntosh IR commands). Just put a string in there, and it parses it and deletes it when done. If I were doing this today, I'd use a SEND_COMMAND on a virtual device for that. Just check the code for the syntax ... I'm checking for non-zero length in DEFINE_PROGRAM and parsing it there.
  • Options
    liviolowliviolow Posts: 48
    Thank you so much!
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    Here's both. The module should be fairly self explanatory, but is a port from and old Axcent program, and could use some updating. I use it as is myself, out of sheer laziness. The one thing that bears explanation is the last string parameter; it has three uses: as a pass-through, a discrete volume command, and a KEY command (mimics the McIntosh IR commands). Just put a string in there, and it parses it and deletes it when done. If I were doing this today, I'd use a SEND_COMMAND on a virtual device for that. Just check the code for the syntax ... I'm checking for non-zero length in DEFINE_PROGRAM and parsing it there.