Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

PCLink Xtra

There used to be a product called PClink Xtra for writing custom PC applications to work with Netlinx. I can't find it on amx.com other than the manual. It was a licensed item with a fee, but the distributor can't find it either.

Any ideas if this is still available?

Thanks

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    What sort of PC based apps are you wanting to develop? NetLinx supports full TCP/IP communication which will allow you to communicate with an AMX system from any TCP/IP capable device or software.
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    The application is too alert a PC user of the Panic Alarm conditions in a number of zones. Yes I could write the software for TCP/IP comms with the master and write the amx code to parse this back and forward, but why reinvent the wheel... I've used PCLink Xtra a few years back, it allows you to create a PC based Netlinx device. I have the documentation, but I can't find the files...
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I'm not sure if things have changed but according to the thread below PCLink Xtra is available on CD by order, not from the website.

http://amxforums.com/showpost.php?p=2494&postcount=3
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Hi Joe, that was certainly the case in the past. The trouble is the part no is no longer showing with the distributor. I've got a ticket in with AMX UK / Europe anyway
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    I have it here, but am unable to add it as an attachment to the forum.

PM me your e-mail address and i'll send it :)
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    While we're at it, does someone have a Cafe Duet license I can borrow / have?
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    jjames wrote: »
    While we're at it, does someone have a Cafe Duet license I can borrow / have?

lol, i like one too ;)