Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Panasonic IP cameras

Has anyone been able to control one of these? I am specifically looking at the BB-HCM331A outdoor PTZ camera.. Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've done it. It's a browser based control, thankfully non-Flash, so essentially, I hacked the interface by saving the source from my browser, then extrapolating what they sent to the camera to control it. Some features, you can see the command structure just by the status line when you hover over the button, others required digging a bit into the structure of the web page.

I would share the module, but as a company, we are thinking right now about branching out a bit and selling some of the modules I've developed over the years, and I don't want to torpedo that. If it doesn't pan out, I'll post it, but have no idea when that determination might be made. Meanwhile, I am willing to share that I didn't find it all that difficult to rever4se engineer from the browser interface, so you could probably do the same.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    cma wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to control one of these? I am specifically looking at the BB-HCM331A outdoor PTZ camera.. Thanks..

This will hopefully have everything you need.

these are HTML examples of pretty much every function you can do.
  • Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    Thanks for the replies.. I have noticed there is an AMX module for these cameras but there seems to be no way to change the port that the module is using to communicate to the cameras with and due to the location haveing DirecWay satellite the port had to be changed from the standard port 80..

Anyone have experience with this module? I guess I will call tech support to see what they say.

Eric I will take a look at what you have, thanks..
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.. I have noticed there is an AMX module for these cameras but there seems to be no way to change the port that the module is using to communicate to the cameras with and due to the location haveing DirecWay satellite the port had to be changed from the standard port 80..

Anyone have experience with this module? I guess I will call tech support to see what they say.

Eric I will take a look at what you have, thanks..

Tech Support can give you a modyfied version of the module. The problem with that is that if you need to move the port again later, you'll have to get another modyfied module again. I never use the module for this. It's not that bad to program. I'd just do it yourself and then you can put in your own port and whatever elese you want.
    e
  • Options
    cmacma Posts: 94
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Tech Support can give you a modyfied version of the module. The problem with that is that if you need to move the port again later, you'll have to get another modyfied module again. I never use the module for this. It's not that bad to program. I'd just do it yourself and then you can put in your own port and whatever elese you want.
    e

Spoke to someone in tech support and they agreed that there should be a way to assign the port number along with the IP settings.. However they said they would pass it on to the dept. responsible for this and that there is no way to tell when this would be done.. :P guess I have to start from scratch..

I typically only ever use the comm portion of modules if needed and write my own code around that..
    I've noticed more and more comm modules recently that do not use the standard formats that AMX has been using in the past which really makes it hard to write a single section of code and make it interchangable with different models by inserting the appropriate comm module.. like radio tuners and so on..
  • Options
    Spoke to someone in tech support and they agreed that there should be a way to assign the port number along with the IP settings.. However they said they would pass it on to the dept. responsible for this and that there is no way to tell when this would be done.. :P guess I have to start from scratch..

I typically only ever use the comm portion of modules if needed and write my own code around that..
    I've noticed more and more comm modules recently that do not use the standard formats that AMX has been using in the past which really makes it hard to write a single section of code and make it interchangable with different models by inserting the appropriate comm module.. like radio tuners and so on..

Yup, this has been the ongoing issue of using AMX modules in general. You'll find an awful lot of this kind of discussion here on the forums about it.