Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

Tango module, Volume feedback, Radio presets

I am on a site where i have tango controller connected via serial to a controller and then 6 other controllers connected via master to master. There are over 25 panels connected to different masters.

Now i want to know if i convert the tango controller to ethernet via the optional Ethernet mode, will the traffic to the tango controller decrease to an extent so that i dont ve any issues.

Also i have made the provision for the user to feed in the radio favorites based on his preference but my issue, if he changes in one panel, how do i send to all the remaining controllers so that all of the rest of the panels will have the updated radio presets.

and finally, i am not able to find the room volume feedback based on the module, should i write a seperate data event for the tango in all the controllers for this effect.

Comments

• ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    John Paul wrote: »
    Now i want to know if i convert the tango controller to ethernet via the optional Ethernet mode, will the traffic to the tango controller decrease to an extent so that i dont ve any issues.

Unless things have changed, the Tango can not be controlled via Ethernet (from an NI processor), even with the network card installed. The network card allows you to use the Mi-Control software to control the Tango from a PC.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Colzie wrote: »
    Unless things have changed, the Tango can not be controlled via Ethernet (from an NI processor), even with the network card installed. The network card allows you to use the Mi-Control software to control the Tango from a PC.

Unless the thing is using SSL or some other wacky thing, shouldn't it be controllable? reverse engineering is always possible... (Not that I have time to do such a thing.) :D
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    ericmedley wrote: »
    reverse engineering is always possible
    True.

ericmedley wrote: »
    Not that I have time to do such a thing.
    And True.

I spent a little time trying to connect to it via TCP without any luck. We had plenty of serial ports, so other than the challenge of getting it to work, there was really no point.
    Colzie wrote: »
    True.

And True.

I spent a little time trying to connect to it via TCP without any luck. We had plenty of serial ports, so other than the challenge of getting it to work, there was really no point.

I am SOooo over finding and wanting a challenge in this stuff any more. I just want to get home to be with my wife and daughter...
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    ericmedley wrote:
    I am SOooo over finding and wanting a challenge in this stuff any more. I just want to get home to be with my wife and daughter...
    Sounds like the "Dark Side" (Savant) has taken over your thought processes and your are indeed now beyond the reach of our Jedi mind tricks.
    vining wrote: »
    ericmedley wrote:

Sounds like the "Dark Side" (Savant) has taken over your thought processes and your are indeed now beyond the reach of our Jedi mind tricks.

:D LOL

Oh, don't worry about that. My belly-buton meter still goes off every time I'm around that stuff or the people involved with it.