Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

NI4100 locks up after telnet session

I got a 4100 with intermittent problems but this is the worst, after a telnet session ICS buss locks up. I get the flashing link led (which is okay because of network activity) Status stays solid, Input stays solid, Output stays solid all 4 cards in frame and 12 com2 cards in the NXF stays solid. Unit won?t accept inputs from the TP. Power cycles clear the problem but cause connectivity issues with other devices. Talked to AMX only advice slide the first three dipswitches up/down on the config switch and cycle the power. Wondering if the ICSNET is going out on this unit.
Have anyone ever lockup a system after a telnet session?

Thanks
Brian

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Kouya wrote: »
    I got a 4100 with intermittent problems but this is the worst, after a telnet session ICS buss locks up. I get the flashing link led (which is okay because of network activity) Status stays solid, Input stays solid, Output stays solid all 4 cards in frame and 12 com2 cards in the NXF stays solid. Unit won?t accept inputs from the TP. Power cycles clear the problem but cause connectivity issues with other devices. Talked to AMX only advice slide the first three dipswitches up/down on the config switch and cycle the power. Wondering if the ICSNET is going out on this unit.
    Have anyone ever lockup a system after a telnet session?

Thanks
    Brian

Hmmm

that's a new one on me.

You might try reloading the firmware. Also I'd call tech support on this one.
  • Options
    The always obvious first question is what version of master firmware are you running? If you don't have x.y.399 or higher you should upgrade. There were a lot of fixes for network related items. The current release on the web site is 3.41.422. If you are not running that I would recommend the upgrade and see if the problem persists. If the problem is still there contact tech support, give them the details, and they will work with engineering to replicate the issue and get it resolved.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Sometimes a firmware update helps oddball problems even if you reinstall the same version. Once in a blue moon, data can get corrupted, and reloading the firmware fixes it.