Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

IRS4 and only 1 port?

From what I remember in class, AXLink devices have only 1 port: 1. How do I specify which IR (port) to use on an AXB-IRS4? I tried mapping my IR file to different ports (dvDVD = 129:3:0, dvSAT = 129:2:0) and transferring the IR file to port 3(which took, btw), but everything from the DVD seems to emit from port 1. (The #1 LED on the IRS4.)

Do I need to do something different for an IRS4 when it comes to the command structure?

I have tried this:
Button_Event[dvTP,1]
Button_Event[dvTP,2]
Button_Event[dvTP,3]
Button_Event[dvTP,4]
Button_Event[dvTP,5]
{
    PUSH:
    {
         PULSE[dvDVD,BUTTON.INPUT.CHANNEL]
    }
}
which emitted from IR port 1.

I also tried this:
BUTTON_EVENT[dvTp,1]
{
	PUSH:
	{
		SEND_COMMAND dvDVD, "'SP',(BUTTON.INPUT.CHANNEL)"
	}
}

but that didn't do anything.

Comments

• Options
    Figured it out...

Ok, that's silly of me. Finally decided to refresh my Online Tree and there it was - all 4 "ports" listed as individual addresses: 129:1:0, 130:1:0, 131:1:0, and 132:1:0. That sure makes it easier!
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    What type of card frame are you using? I am using IRS4 cards and they use 1 address with 4 ports. If you want to test things and make sure that the ports on the card are working, you can use the diagnostics window to manually emit IR codes.

Jeff
  • Options
    I'm using the AXB-IRS4 box.
  • Options
    Guess I spoke too soon...

I transferred my IRL file (131:1:0 is the 3rd port of my IRS4[dip switches set to 129]) successfully and made changes in my workspace to reflect the current dip switch settings, compiled and transferred to my ni-700, but now i get nothing. No IR lights, nada. I can open the notifications tab and see that the processor is seeing the button press and release, but nothing else occurs. What could I be doing wrong now?
  • Options
    FIXED AT LAST!!!

The holiest of all holy phrases has saved my day..

Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.

A portion of the friggin IRS4 must have locked up after a file transfer or something. It would still show in the online tree and I even tried pulling the Axlink cable out, but the only thing that fixed it was pulling power...go figure. The same thing I tell my wife EVERY time when it comes to electronics...power.
  • Options
    Of all the Axlink boxes I have used, the IRS4 seems to have been the most flaky.